Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Network down - esp Dublin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Where are you based Chris? I'm in Dublin and neither I nor my work colleague (also on meteor) could use our phones. We tried dialling our mobiles from work and got a disconnected tone - didn't even go to voicemail.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I could call my voda moby from meteor one during the out, but couldn't make any calls from to my meteor moby. In sandyford/D4 on friday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

athtrasna wrote:
    Where are you based Chris? I'm in Dublin and neither I nor my work colleague (also on meteor) could use our phones. We tried dialling our mobiles from work and got a disconnected tone - didn't even go to voicemail.

I'm in Limerick City. Had full calls throughout the outage to other networks. Meteor calls came and went between 2 and 6. I got Network Busy 90% of the time between those hours for Meteor calls.

chrislad wrote:
    Yes, they could. I'm on Meteor, and I could ring O2 and Vodafone with no issues. I had problems ringing Meteor and texting Meteor as well as landlines. Networks aren't perfect. People just get in a huff. Three were down for 2 full seperate days in the last 6 months. Parts of O2 were down for days in some parts of the country. It happens.
    From about 1230 to 700pm on friday is more than 4hrs.
    I know for a fact that it wouldn't work in Dublin or anywhere down the N7 including portlaoise.
    Calling a meteor phone during that time got a message-"we're sorry this number is not recognised" or just got nothing.
    No texts got through for me sent to a meteor phone untill the network was back up.
    Three were down for 2 full seperate days in the last 6 months. Parts of O2 were down for days in some parts of the country. It happens.
    I mostly use three and have never had as complete an outage as this meteor one.The most I experienced was a three cell down and at least then I could roam on vodafone so I had no loss of coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

chrislad wrote:
    Only Meteor to Meteor calls/texts and calls to Meteor were affected.
    That's great, but you are not the entire Meteor network. Just because that's what happened you doesn't mean it happened everyone else.

Many Meteor customers had no network coverage at all. Coming on here and telling people they could call o2 and Vodafone when they quite clearly know they couldn't (as they had no coverage whatsoever) is just plain ignorant and stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

for people still affected by this you need to power off your phones and then power back

this is the only way to deregister from the network and then register just disconnecting battery isnt enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

cast_iron wrote:
    That's great, but you are not the entire Meteor network. Just because that's what happened you doesn't mean it happened everyone else.

Many Meteor customers had no network coverage at all. Coming on here and telling people they could call o2 and Vodafone when they quite clearly know they couldn't (as they had no coverage whatsoever) is just plain ignorant and stupid.

In that same respect, you are not the entire Meteor network either. In fact, there are 850,000. I see about 20 complaints about total lack of coverage. I dealt with a number of people on that day, all who could ring O2 and Vodafone fine. Fact is, I could ring O2 and Vodafone. The only area that so far seems to have been affected by not being able to ring O2/Voda was Dublin, and it seems that the only ignorant and stupid thing here is that some people thing Ireland begins and ends at the Red Cow. *sighs*
    I mostly use three and have never had as complete an outage as this meteor one.The most I experienced was a three cell down and at least then I could roam on vodafone so I had no loss of coverage.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=233786&page=78

Top o' page 78 (of the thread, not forum). There was another outage, but I think one shown is enough to show that it has happened.
    From about 1230 to 700pm on friday is more than 4hrs.
    I know for a fact that it wouldn't work in Dublin or anywhere down the N7 including portlaoise.
    Calling a meteor phone during that time got a message-"we're sorry this number is not recognised" or just got nothing.
    No texts got through for me sent to a meteor phone untill the network was back up.

Again, I was down from around 3pm to about 6 or 7 a the latest. Again, and no offense, Ireland doesn't begin and end in Dublin. Even the thread title is funny, esp Dublin :):):)
    when your working, and needing a mobile, it is a major hassle when you cant ring people.

Of course, it is, I don't disagree on that. I was affected as well, but my original point was that this happens to every network. I remember being back on eircell where messages would deliver in lumps of 20 every 3 or 4 hours. I used to come home from school to about 40 messages, mostly from the night before! Fact is, this was a minor downtime. For most of the country, it only affected less than 18% of the market, and was over in 4 hours. Only Dublin seems to have been affected worse.

Anyways, I'm not out for an argument. People should know me from here by now, and know that a) I know my stuff about phones and b) I've no need for pointless arguments or people getting excited over nothing (plus c) I type a lot!). I feel that it wasn't a major downtime. Every network has them. As I said, as was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, all networks have been down for some period in the last 4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

chrislad wrote:
    Only Meteor to Meteor calls/texts and calls to Meteor were affected.

Not actually true, most of the text i sent on friday (to non-metoer or even non-irish) nubmer never arrived. and a lot of incoming text, (again from non-meteor sources) never arrived.

Advertisement