Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

People just stopping on the M50

Options
  • 20-07-2007 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone think there are too many people stopping on the m50. It's so annoying!

I was driving today from Tallaght to Sandyford, there was no traffic, the amount of people in front of me who just decides to pull in.

It's ridiculous. They can't all have faulty cars, can they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

This always amazes me too!! It must be a very dangerous thing to do, and then of course they are also distracting people driving by also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

swingking wrote:
    It's ridiculous. They can't all have faulty cars, can they?

Of course not, they are letting their passengers out.

They are decent citizens carpooling.

Give them a break, sure the traffic is hardly moving anyways is it?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye it's a pain in the ass. Once I saw a car pulled in, hazzard lights on and a bloke and a girl taking a p1ss on the side of the motorway, just chatting away to eachother!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

eamonnq wrote:
    This always amazes me too!! It must be a very dangerous thing to do, and then of course they are also distracting people driving by also

It's also illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

steve06 wrote:
    I saw a car pulled in, hazzard lights on and a bloke and a girl taking a p1ss on the side of the motorway

Blame the government. Motorways should have service areas with parking spaces, coffee shops, toilets, petrol stations, hotels, etc.

Provide those and at the same time start severely punishing people that still unnecessarily stop and the problem will vanish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

The big problem is the tail back it causes form the nosey twats that just have to gawk at them.

Actually what drives me mad is the cops pulling lads on the M50 it causes chaos, couldn't they take them off the M way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Letting passengers out on a Motorway....hmmm.......that makes sense!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

It happens a bit on the Portlaoise end of the M7 too, but it's usually a farmer with a bale of hay under his arm hopping over the armco to do a bit of herding. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

eamonnq wrote:
    Letting passengers out on a Motorway....hmmm.......that makes sense!!
    Beaten up Hi-Ace vans and Transits, stopping on the M11 in the mornings to pick up people who've run across two carriageways causing everyone to brake suddenly to avoid them is quite common too :( Usually around the Fassaroe exit.

Advertisement