Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lord Mayors Clontarf

• 20-07-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what sort of time you're looking at playing matches if you are lucky enough to qualify to matchplay stages of the Lord Mayors Cup?
    I have work committments but could make it for around four or so, obviously presuming I play well enough to qualify:D
    Also anyone know when timesheet comes out ie definite date?
    Can't find much on Clontarf GC website, just past results and stuff...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Hey. I'm a member in Clontarf. The timesheet opens at 10:00 on Wednesday 25th of July. I'd advise ringing up early and getting an early time on the timesheet because if you go out after around 9:00, you could have a ver VERY slow round on your hands!! Trust me!!

Here's the way it works:

Sunday: Qualifying, 1 round strokes. Best 64 gross scores to qualify (no ties) (7:00-15:30)
    Monday: Top half of the draw 1st round (15:00-17:00)
    Tuesday: Bottom half of the draw 1st round (15:00-17:00)
    Wednesday: 2nd round (15:00-17:00)
    Thursday: 3rd round (16:00-17:00)
    Friday: Quarter Finals (16:30-17:00)
    Saturday: Semi Finals (10:00)
    Final (14:30)

If you have a good score in the qualifying round and you think/know you're going to qualify you can request a late time for the matchplay section and the competitions secretary will do his best to facilitate you. You can also request whether to play on the Monday or Tuesday for the 1st round.

Hopethis helped ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

sounds interesting, what's this?

is it too late to enter??

Nope. Like I said above, timesheet opens on the 24th

Hunty wrote:
    Nope. Like I said above, timesheet opens on the 24th

any more info????

Ask me anything you want.

Prizes are given out for:

Best gross qualifying score
    Best net qualifying score
    All losing quarter finalists
    All losing semi finalists
    Runner-up
    Winner

Anything else you wanna know just ask.......

Oh and by the way, forgot to mention its a junior scratch cup so handicap is limited from 5-9 :(
    Also, in the matchplay and qualifying sections, handicaps do not matter, i.e. no shots are given in the matchplay stage

• Advertisement

sounds good. thanks for your help! i'm only recently over from scotland so i'm still trying to get to grips with the golf scene over here.

do i phone up to enter or will i need to get hold of an application form?

Not too sure to be honest cos I'm a member in Clontarf so I just booked it at reception myself when I was up there. If you ring the club on monday you'll be able to find out though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Thanks a million Hunty, appreciate all that info, hope you do well.No doubt you will with all that local knowledge:D
    Played Clontarf a number of times and the greens are like Chinese writing to me, unreadable:o

Thanks for the help hunty! Think i'll give it a go. Might try and get along for a game on the course beforehand though. Looks good from the pics on the website.

No problem guys!!

Can't play myself this year.....too low :mad: . But hey, I won it last year so it's ok!!! :cool:

What course are you both from??

• Advertisement

Recently joined up at Elm Green. Playing off 5 there.

Fair play Hunty, winning that's an achievement to be very proud of. I could do with a good local caddy, you're hired;)

I'm in Forrest Little, off 8, first year I'm eligible to play (opposite to you, I was too high!) so lookin forward to it.Would just be happy to qualify, considering I could be giving up to three shots the matchplay will be tough, but will enjoy it either way.

Got into the Lumsden as well so a good few weeks coming up shortly..
    You playing Lumsden Hunty?Or you Graeme?

JCDUB wrote:
    Got into the Lumsden as well so a good few weeks coming up shortly..
    You playing Lumsden Hunty?Or you Graeme?

No, what's that mate? Same kind of competition i take it? I'm not really up on the golf scene over here yet.

What was the qualifying score for the Lord Mayors last year Hunty?

Alright Graeme,

The Lumsden is a two rounder in Royal Dublin (beautiful links near Clontarf). They took the lowest 140 applicants I think to a maximum handicap of 7.9, guess what my exact is:p

It's just straight up nett scores over the two rounds, first time for me but looking forward to it.It's a beaut of a course and two rounds for €20 is a steal and a half.

Sorry you missed the boat on the application, at least you'll get into the Lord Mayors, anything else coming up I'll try to PM you if I remember.

JCDUB wrote:
    Alright Graeme,

The Lumsden is a two rounder in Royal Dublin (beautiful links near Clontarf). They took the lowest 140 applicants I think to a maximum handicap of 7.9, guess what my exact is:p

It's just straight up nett scores over the two rounds, first time for me but looking forward to it.It's a beaut of a course and two rounds for €20 is a steal and a half.

Sorry you missed the boat on the application, at least you'll get into the Lord Mayors, anything else coming up I'll try to PM you if I remember.

Thanks, that would be brilliant. i'll need to keep an eye out for that Lumsden one next year! sounds excellent.

Did many people from here play in this on sunday?

I sneaked into the matchplay with a 76... despite trying my best to throw it away at the end with 2 double bogeys!!

Advertisement