Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best ireland map for o2 orbit?

• 20-07-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭

hi,
    any one know best ireland map for o2 orbit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I have run both Destinator and Route 66 on an Orbit and to be honest I think the device is not really up to running Destinator as it was slow enough. I also had a number of cases where it would come up with an error about the origin or destination points not being reachable. I switched to Route 66 and found it much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

tomtom 6.03 works well enough, have had no problems, using navteq maps (6.75 i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Navigon 6.2 - great, clean interface. Maps just updated - 2007 / 2008. Cost €149 to download. Works beautifully with Orbit.

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

From what I can see that only costs just over E100 to download? What's the software like to use? Can it do route planning with overview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

hhhmm so far tomtom and route 66 is better option. and i think my personal opinion would be tomtom as i seen it before i can see street name in list and easy to search. thanks guys for reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

TKK wrote:
    From what I can see that only costs just over E100 to download? What's the software like to use? Can it do route planning with overview?

Software is really easy to use, I tried Co-Pilot (free with Orbit but interface sucks) and TomTom again didn't like interface. Navigon is clean and easy to use. You can do route planning with multiple stops and it will simulate the drive (max 150km). Latest version also has mapped all speed limits in Ireland...so when driving along I use the map feature and it gives a warning when you go over speed limit (this is configurable)

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I've heard TomTom & Co-Pilot don't have full coverage where as Garmin and DestinAtor do. What's Navigon's coverage?

Advertisement