Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you do the lotto online?

Options
  • 20-07-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

OK I know this is the wrong forum, but its the most right one i can come up with.

whats the story on doing to lotto online, i heard about it and this thread seems to suggest its possible, but i have scouted around the lotto.ie site and i cant find anywhere to do it ...

http://tinyurl.com/2w2y2j

c'mon the 10 million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

gambling forum's probably better.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=684

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Moved to Gambling Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

ah good stuff thanks, sorry bout the wrong location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 PaddyR

Only a matter of time before it can be done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This is being developed at the moment and should be up and running by the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I still wouldn't trust it, unless it is a secure system that allows you print out your ticket and not have to wait for it to be delivered by post. Imagine if you did it online and actually won e16million, you'd never see your winning lotto ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Nephew wrote:
    I still wouldn't trust it, unless it is a secure system that allows you print out your ticket and not have to wait for it to be delivered by post. Imagine if you did it online and actually won e16million, you'd never see your winning lotto ticket.

you do not get sent a ticket. they send you an email as confirmation of receipt with your numbers. this has existed in a lot of countries for the last 3 or 4 years and it works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Warper....where did you hear that it should be up and running by the end of the year? (i hope you're right)

I had a look at the pdf document (2006 end of year report) that you can download from the lotto website. It says that mobile and online lotto games are being developed as part of their Medium to Long term strategy. That Medium to Long term strategy could mean years in my opinion. No specific date of completion was announced. Did you get your info from somewhere else?

I hope you're right about it being ready by the end of this year.

Advertisement