Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Some Advice On Router I Have

• 20-07-2007 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hey people, I think this is the right place to post this anyways. :)

Today, I picked up a free 32 port router. Here is the make/model no. : Ether Prime EP-1032r.

Basically, I have no real use for it and am looking to sell it off. I've tried searching Google for any information but can't find anything on this model. So could anyone give me some advice as to what kind of price I could look to sell it for? I have no idea how much these things go for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If it has 32 ports its most likely a switch or hub rather than a router. I doubt you'll get much for it.

Edit: Found this: http://www.ciao.se/Prime_Ether_Prime_EP_1032R__45861
    Its a 10 mbit hub - so it is worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

That would be it, a switch and not a router. My bad. Haha!! ;)

Erm............I think this is a 10Mbps switch. So no idea what it'd be worth?? I might hold on to it so. Just looking for some info. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

That would be it, a switch and not a router. My bad. Haha!! ;)

Erm............I think this is a 10Mbps switch. So no idea what it'd be worth?? I might hold on to it so. Just looking for some info. :)

Very little, as Stephen says.

10Mbps is way too slow these days. The vast majority of networks will be 100Mbps, with 1Gbps becoming common. You will have trouble finding anyone who wants a 32 port 10Mbps switch these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Thanks for the info guys.....I kind of guessed that as the routers I have here are 100Mbps and that one was only 10Mbps...................Now I just need to find some use for it. :confused:

Advertisement