Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waste of reg plates...

Options
  • 20-07-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

I was just messing around on cartell thinking of good plates for high end cars and it seems that either a lot of the dealers missed out on registering the good plates, or cartell doesn't have any data for the car. like 07-D-430 07-D-4430 07-D-612 07-D-599

Like there is 1 new 612 in Ireland and instead of pre registering the plate.... it's on a Toyota Avensis!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

in fairness the cherish plate isn't to everyones taste .. I was considering 07-D-56 for my GTI (DSG) .. but as I was writing the cheque for €315 .. i just thought it was a bit naff !! and didn't bother.

Maybe the Avensis owner has a special meaning for 612 and had it booked before the 612 was bought !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

these so called cherished plates are seriously naff IMO. What's the significance of "612" anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

JoeA3 wrote:
    these so called cherished plates are seriously naff IMO. What's the significance of "612" anyway?!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_612_Scaglietti

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

whippet wrote:
    in fairness the cherish plate isn't to everyones taste .. I was considering 07-D-56 for my GTI (DSG)

Wouldn't 07-D-59 be more similar to 07-D-sg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

07 G 71 is on a Golf

edit so is 06 G 71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I pitty the day someone needs a specific number on the reg plate of a Ferrari or the likes to make it feel complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the best plate on a ferrari was 07 D 7430 , it was a f430 and the 7 was made into a F.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any ****ing about with the numbers to make them look like letters automatically makes it sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Yes, a number should look right but not match the model of car or else IMO it looks N4FF or CR4P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

steve06 wrote:
    I was just messing around on cartell thinking of good plates for high end cars and it seems that either a lot of the dealers missed out on registering the good plates, or cartell doesn't have any data for the car. like 07-D-430 07-D-4430 07-D-612 07-D-599

more than likely the 07-D-430 would be on a DAF truck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

The 07-G-911 I see a bit is on there

Stephen wrote:
    Any ****ing about with the numbers to make them look like letters automatically makes it sh1te.

Nah i think it looks slick.Especially on a over 300k car

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stephen wrote:

I agree
    drdre wrote:
    Nah i think it looks slick.Especially on a over 300k car

On an over €300k car it says a lot about the background of the owner ;)

unkel wrote:
    On an over €300k car it says a lot about the background of the owner ;)

How, First of all he is loaded and not us. :( Then if you spent over 300 euro for the plate you would want something flash and thats what these guys do for examaple the plates like 07- D - 599, 06 D M3 etc.
    If i was minted then like most of us i would want a nice car with a show off number plate. :)

Its all about the $$$$...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The personalized plates over here are all cr@p till they release all the pre '87 regs and allow re-reg like the UK and most of the rest of the world. Then they'll be good.

No much point in spending EUR300 just to get the same reg as the bootlid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Blue850 wrote:
    07 G 71 is on a Golf

edit so is 06 G 71

I think 06 G 71 is around Kildare?

So is 99 D 87 (on an Aston - geddit?)

Quite naff I'm afraid - the fact someone would go to the bother automatically qualifies them as the needy, vainglorious attention-seeking type...

I think I'd reject a s/h car if it had any type of personalised plate - even if I loved the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

drdre wrote:
    If i was minted then like most of us i would want a nice car with a show off number plate. :)

Because a nice number plate is really going to be the finishing touch on a 300K plus car. :rolleyes:

Young lads and their ideals eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I prefer rounded-off numbers eg. 07 D 50000/88888 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

01 MN 1 is on a Mini

I prefer rounded-off numbers eg. 07 D 50000/88888 etc.

yep i i agree with you i would prefer 777 instead of a car model number plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

BEst of these seem to be the 1111111 (or ||||||||) plates that seem to be only on mid reange BMWs at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dre I agree that personal plates can be cool but when you start changing the numbers into letters then you're really showing off and you're almost guaranteed to get keyed by some scumbag because you're rubbing it in their face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

Blue850 wrote:
    07 G 71 is on a Golf

edit so is 06 G 71

my friend actually worked with guy who owned this car at the time anyhow, looked like a perfect GTI. i was thinking about this and then in next post there it was. mad.
    ah double post sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

pburns wrote:

my friend actually worked with guy whop owned that golf and apparantly it looked very well. dont know where it could have ended up. was actually reading the thread thinking of car then next thing somebody has posted about it. mad.
    have also seen 86 c 316 and im pretty sure there was a 86 c 318 too. both beamers obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Darven wrote:
    pburns wrote:

my friend actually worked with guy whop owned that golf and apparantly it looked very well. dont know where it could have ended up. was actually reading the thread thinking of car then next thing somebody has posted about it. mad.
    have also seen 86 c 316 and im pretty sure there was a 86 c 318 too. both beamers obviously

...........was it a white one ??

I think it was and I recall seeing it around North Dublin. It was brave picking white, but it looked excellent, and its the colour to have apparantly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

steve06 wrote:
    Like there is 1 new 612 in Ireland and instead of pre registering the plate.... it's on a Toyota Avensis!

There is more to Ireland than D regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Someone went to the trouble of paying to have 05D138 put on his Citroen C5 because the BHP output of his 2litre diesel is........

Also - 05D1234 on a Quatroporte. Think the owner needed a help with his counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

testicle wrote:
    There is more to Ireland than D regs.
    it's a dublin reg car though... and actually D reg cars hold value better then others.

Advertisement