Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Irish Politician makes you gag?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Dalfiatach wrote:
    Bertie. Worst Taoiseach Ever. As others have already said, the whole fake "one of de lads like shure ye know yerself" act. It's so obviously fake, but so many people seem to fall for it. A decade of refusing to take decisions, refusing to fix anything that was broken, put everything on the long finger until the system breaks down entirely, then hive it all off to a bunch of corporate gangsters who get sweetheart deals and rigged markets to make billions off the taxpayer, all on the basis that "the private sector can do it better".

Well duh, Bertie. If you'd spent the last 10 years actually doing your job, the systems wouldn't be broken in the first place, you insufferable little gombeen twerp. Arrrrgh!

Rabbitte for being a smug pompous Stickie eejit. Senator (:eek:) Harris for being, well, just unpleasant in every possible way. Dempsey for broadband and evoting; Dickroach for planning, unaccountable local government and undrinkable water; Cullen for just being Cullen, the tosser; Ivana Bacik for being quite, quite mad...Conor Lenihan, Brian Lenihan, Liam Twomey, Mad Mullah McDowell, Harney, the High Priestess of Corporate Welfare. O'Dea, though he does get some bonus points for sheer WTF? comedy value. O'Donoghue, Healey Rae, Ferris (what is it with Kerry?). The gruesome Flynns. Joan Burton, utterly clueless on economic matters and with the most boring voice known to man. Frank Fahey, fat gombeen smugness personified. Brian Hayes, a petulant face and whiny voice that even a mother would want to slap. O'Caolain, who can MOPE and bore for Ireland. And the entire Green Party for selling out and managing to take 2 weeks to "negotiate" a programme for government that is environmentally worse than any of the original manifestos of the three parties involved, and contains not a single one of their alleged "principles". Now that takes some doing.

Nice rant; and spot on too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Honestly, I can very few that don't make me ashamed to say I'm Irish.

Michael D is about as close as I can come to saying I admire an Irish politician and in all honesty, all I actually admire about him is that he's clean and stands up for what he believes in (which is often quite far from what I believe in).

Sad state of affairs tbh.

Advertisement