Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Bray

Options
  • 20-07-2007 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good broadband provider in Bray?

I was with Irish Broadband and they were absolute rubbish and I'm with Eircom now but this month I got a bill for €369 so I think they're starting to charge per mb over my bandwidth usage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

what was wrong with IBB in Bray? What BTS were u serving off?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

steve06 wrote:
    Anyone know of a good broadband provider in Bray?

I was with Irish Broadband and they were absolute rubbish and I'm with Eircom now but this month I got a bill for €369 so I think they're starting to charge per mb over my bandwidth usage.

There is absolutely no good in 'think'ing something - find out exactly what the charges on your bill are for. It could be a mistake. From posts on here it appears that if someone is really messing with the cap they get a warning letter before they are charged. And if Eircom were 'starting to charge' on any sort of widespread basis boards would be inundated with people delighted to have something else to criticise Eircom over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BSC

I would say do not worry about it, you may paying this bill not for a month, but for 3 month. It could happened when you just recently got Eircom BB at home. Ring the accounts in 1901 more than sure they will sort that for you.
    Cheerio!

little explanation for the bill:

if its a brand new line it will cost you something like 124.99 incl vat
    then connection fee for dsl is 29.99
    then monthly rental is about 25 + broadband another 24.99 then multiply it by 2 for 2 month in advance???? common you can calculate it ./...

Advertisement