Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

porting from meteor

• 20-07-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭

I'm well out of contract with Meteor and am migrating to 3. I rang up to ask about porting and even though I'm past the year contract, I still have to give 30 days notice. that's all well and good but they say I can't port my meteor number straight away. Is this correct? I don't see why I can't simply pay what's due for the 30 days but just take the number now and port it. Does this happen for everyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Go to 3 (with a meteor bill) and they will port the number straight away. It is then up to meteor if they want to chase you for the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

No sadly. You can't get sim packs from 3 they make you buy a phone. Check out adverts.ie for people that sell 3 pay sim packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ondablade

Have just switched from Meteor to Vodaphone.

They allowed me to end the contract a few months early due to phone (Nokia 6103) issues, long running text delays, car kits problems and so on which they have failed to fix in over a year. This after several years of the delayed text problem over several phones.

Must say I enjoyed their enthusiasm in the early years despite poor coverage and tried to support the small guy, but that seems to have evaporated. Have a very poor opinion of their service at this stage.

I'm experiencing a long delay with the porting - almost two days as of now and counting which means I'll have to set up the new phone during working hours in a busy week which is a pain - I'd planned a nice slow getting to know you session over the weekend based on a commitment it was to be done by Sat 10.00am.

Meteor service keep telling me its in progress will be done soon, but it's not happening and feedback from the new guys indicates that it can be very slow and probably won't happen over the weekend.

What's the deal, how long should porting take? There are no contractual issues....

Porting should take 2 hours if done during the hours that porting can be done. I ported from meteor to 3 and it took around an hour.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

ondablade wrote:
    Have just switched from Meteor to Vodaphone.

Must say I enjoyed their enthusiasm in the early years despite poor coverage and tried to support the small guy, but that seems to have evaporated. Have a very poor opinion of their service at this stage.

The take over by eircom starts to have its sad effects I guess.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Porting should take 2 hours if done during the hours that porting can be done. I ported from meteor to 3 and it took around an hour.

Except when you try to port to 3 during the weekend. I heard that it then often takes until Monday or so. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lol porting can take maybe two hours and dont let meteor lies about not allowing you to port for 30 days stop you! they will try anythin to stop customers they treated badly from leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

HiredGun wrote:
    Except when you try to port to 3 during the weekend. I heard that it then often takes until Monday or so. :confused:

This is not true.
    I ported onto 3 on a Saturday and it was done in an hour.

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote:
    This is not true.
    I ported onto 3 on a Saturday and it was done in an hour.

Great, glad to hear that they have solved that. It was true though, heard it from several people now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Porting onto 3 isn't the problem. It's porting off 3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

foggy_lad wrote:
    lol porting can take maybe two hours and dont let meteor lies about not allowing you to port for 30 days stop you! they will try anythin to stop customers they treated badly from leaving
    3 hasn't been able to port for nearly a week and they've been telling customers its the other network's fault

and even when its supposed to be working their porting is a disaster. I saw a bloke once who could ring out from his 3 phone fine with his former o2 number but when someone rang him his o2 phone would ring. Situations like this are not unusual

and do you really think what you said is useful over a month later?

Advertisement