Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Site has been updated

• 20-07-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

just to let you know that my site has been updated:

http:www.kieranmurray.com

The images have been rescanned, audio improved and there's the addition of YouTube videos added.

Can you please take a look?

Feedback on the site appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its not the best, thats all ill say. I take it your not a designer yourself? You possibly should look into getting someone to design you a proper site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HTML like its 1999 :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I enjoyed that Kieran, especially the info you have on the enforcement of the stale playlists. I have had a private desire to get back into radio for a while now (used to work on a pirate station in the 80s) but the insistence of the playlists would put me off. The situation now is probably worse than in the late nineties. A local station I can pick up is Ocean FM in Sligo - every link begins with "Ocean FM: The Perfect Music Mix". It really grates me after a while. A knowledge of music is clearly not required to present music shows nowadays. Shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Kieran ... I am having a feed of Cobra double filtered and she hit me fairly hard(your site).

Now that said... you are a great enthusiast and I wish you every success in your endeavours... whatever they are??
    Keep her lit my Man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hi Kieran, I found your site very interesting, I agree with your comments on Playlists and Dublins commercial stations, they could train monkeys to do the shows. Thanks for the memories re the various stations I remember them all. I remember visiting Radio Dublin when they had the TX cemented into the wall and the floorboards removed from the upstairs rooms. Ah the glory days of pirate radio, where did it all go wrong?

Good Luck

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

She's a bit frikken... erm... bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the kind comments to all.

Yes, it is a bit bright - purposefully so.

Yes, it does use html - 99% of websites do.

Yes, I am a web designer - I designed the site myself.

Yes, the site looks like it does on purpose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Very interesting and informative site. I like it!

Okay it's only plain old HTML and not very secure but let's face it, many workplaces (including my own) don't allow flash and as a result I can't view some websites at all and besides the content is more important than the presentation.

That said, I do think the entry page is a bit mad and the colours could be toned down a bit but overall I think it's great and can't really fault it for what it is, a non-commercial homepage! :)

It does feel very retro but a lot of what the site talks about is retro so I'm happy.

Advertisement