Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer not booting up

• 20-07-2007 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭

Right. I have a desktop pc that won't boot up.

It will turn on but only half of the first screen loads. It gets to 'Memory testi' (doesn't even finish testing) and completely freezes. There are no beeps and the keyboard doesn't work so i can't get into Bios.... oh wait, it just started working

Never mind

But is it really gonna work? It's taking a very long time.

Good god look at that rain. monsoon weather...

Screen is gone blank now, you know that bit just after the windows logo but before the welcome screen...

Oh wait. It's booted up!!

Yay!

Damn that rain is unbelievable!!!

Anyway. It's a good computer, Athlon 3400 64 bit and all that. It normally doesn't take 5 minutes to boot up.

What could be wrong with it?

Christ look at that feckin rain? never seen anything like it before.

Where's my umbrella?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give memtest a go, you'll have to burn it to a CD and make it bootable or put it on a floppy disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Ruu wrote:
    Give memtest a go, you'll have to burn it to a CD and make it bootable or put it on a floppy disk.
    cool thanks :)

Advertisement