Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mido in DJ out at Brum

• 20-07-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone see the logic of shifting Campbell to Leceister for less than 2 million while buying in Mido from Spurs for 6! I'd be laughing if a white and crying if a blue.

Mike.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Campbell is fairly crap tho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well 12 goals from 20 starts last season is'nt too shabby.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm pissing myself laughing, we buy Mido for £4.5m and shift him on for £6m!!!

They must be paying by the lb, cos the only thing he did of note last year was eat all the pies.

Hopefully we can offload Ghaly to them as well.

mike65 wrote:
    Well 12 goals from 20 starts last season is'nt too shabby.

Mike.

But Cureton was top scorer in that league and hes older than you :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Mido looks like a panic buy by brum afraid to get left behind, with all the other exceedingly overpriced mediocrity being bought this season.

Anybody want James Beattie? He must be worth 6 as well.

theCzar wrote:

Anybody want James Beattie? He must be worth 6 as well.

As a Pats fan i gonna say no thanks :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

KdjaCL wrote:
    As a Pats fan i gonna say no thanks :D

kdjac

Ah now. He just needs a change of scene to regain his form, and perhaps some bionic enhancements. A new head would be for starters. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'd say Spurs fans feel like I felt last week when Kieran Richardson was sold to Sunderland for £5.5 million. What is Brucey thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

besty wrote:
    What is Brucey thinking?

Ok i stick him in weight watchers and run the **** out of him then hopefully get myself a skinny ass eygptian like mido circa 2005, who was quite good and a berbatov knock off for £10 million less. Hmmmm it worked with Dugarry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I reckon that Mido can do a job for them, he is a better striker than the other promoted teams have now, and has proven that he can do it in the prem which is an advantage.

besty wrote:
    I'd say Spurs fans feel like I felt last week when Kieran Richardson was sold to Sunderland for £5.5 million. What is Brucey thinking?

AND I've heard reports today that Ghaly is going for another £3m.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kerching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Mido is a quality player, the only issue is his attitude, it's terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

this could be a stroke of genius. He could turn out to be the perfect partner for forsell. we all remember how class forsell was next to Morrisson who was hardly the best "big man" in the world to play with, so maybe Brucey is hoping to recreate this type of attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think Mido will do well for them. He'll unquestionably be a first choice starter so that shoudl keep his attitude in check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mido says no-no reagrding terms and conditons. He proberly just saw Birmingham Bull Ring and reckoned that was enough.

Mike.

More likely Brum insisted on a clause in his contract for a wage drop if relegated and he said no.

Advertisement