Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 euro for DH?

Options
  • 20-07-2007 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

My local bookstore is having a midnight opening, I reserved the book a few days ago. Found out it's being sold for 25 euro, is this not really steep? I mean, how big is the book? Coz I feel like I'm getting completly done over. Then again, I probably will pay it, just to get my hands on a copy.....grrrr. The shop owners know the hardcore fans will pay alot of money. :mad: How much is everyone else paying for the book?
    Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

It'll be thirteen euro tops in both easons and tesco. Tesco is your best bet if you want to just stroll in pick up a copy and leave without the big furor. (I hope thats a real word):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Hmmmm yeh there's a tesco near me, might get it there instead. 25 euro, no way I'm paying that.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

easons its half retail price.its where im going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I think I read something over the past couple of days that TESCO's is selling the book really cheap.
    Eason are selling online for 13 euro, special offer stating half price, so maybe 26??????
    I bought it online and it will be delivered tomorrow morning, so with this included it cost me 19euro in total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

in my local it's 20. unfortunatly they aren't doing a midnight opening, but I'm not really arsed anyway anymore. I'll be locking myself in my room tomorrow until the book's finished tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

10.90 in Tesco's. Just got my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Queued up with the gf at dubrays, €19.99. Although we won the raffle and got a signed copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

You'd want to be Rowling in money to be paying €25 imo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

My local bookstore is having a midnight opening, I reserved the book a few days ago. Found out it's being sold for 25 euro, is this not really steep? I mean, how big is the book? Coz I feel like I'm getting completly done over. Then again, I probably will pay it, just to get my hands on a copy.....grrrr. The shop owners know the hardcore fans will pay alot of money. :mad: How much is everyone else paying for the book?
    Thanx.
    No. As recently released hardback editions go, that's quite a reasonable price. Every novel released in hardback is 25-35 euro. The average paperback price is 12-15 euro, but that normally comes out a year after the hardback. When that happens, all of the hardback copies still hanging around are normally reduced, but that probably won't happen with the Potter books so much.
    I'd tend to think it is an unreasonable price to pay for any mere novel - 26 euro - but that's the way high street bookstores have it these days.

Anyway, tonight, the release night, the Harry Potter book is 13 euro. It'll go up to the normal price tomorrow. So, tonight, not only are they not asking too much; they're practically giving it away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I paid €13euro for it but my other friend got it in another store for €19.99. That store had limited supply - apparently, there was a delay with shipping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

12.89 @ Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

12.99 at Easons Limerick.

Video from cruises street below
    http://www.limerickblogger.org/blog/?p=3600

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I cant rememver ... I think it woked out at like 3 pints for me. Although was osmewhere under 13 euro in reeds.zz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

€12.99 Easons Liffey Valley. The full price is €26.73..why wouldn't it be, it IS hardback. But haven't heard of anywhere selling it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

10.90 in tescos is the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Bond-007 wrote:
    10.90 in Tesco's. Just got my copy.

yup yup seconded!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Indeed, I was quite pleasantly surprised when the casher in tesco last night asked me for €10.90. I had expected it to be more like €15, even allowing for tesco being cheaper than the bookshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Yeah, €10.90 in Tesco! Bit of a ridiculous prices really, puts the small bookshops out of business! I'm sure Tesco bought about 2million copies you see.. I work in Tesco in Wicklow and our store was allocated 700 books, we had 400 sold by 4pm today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Am glad Tesco made it accessible to all, at that price. Got mine at 7am yesterday, on my way home from the Next sale and the stand in Tesco was bare but I asked the cashier and she got me one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

tesco, 10.50 squids.
    i win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i paid 33 euro for my copie..........was in portugal on holidays at the time, no real choice,only 1 place near me selling, damn rip off indo book shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

^^^ that happened to me in Spain with the last book, it was dirt cheap over here but i ended up spending like 30 quid on it!!

Advertisement