Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumineer Veneer's On Implants?

• 20-07-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭

I had a couple of implants done recently and am delighted to have a full set of normal feeling and looking teeth again.

However that success has really opened my eyes to what can be done with good dentistry.

I'd really really love to get Hollywood white teeth - all my life my teeth have been yellowish, I even remember being teased about them in primary school.

These days I can afford to get them all veneered (looking at smiles prices on http://www.smiles.ie/cosmetic_dentistry.html) and the thought of actually having a lovely white smile for the first time in my life just is fantastic.

I've had bleaching done recently, it did make my teeth a few shades lighter but to be honest that was a lighter shade of yellow mostly.

Can veneers be fitted to implant crowns as well as normal teeth (the implant crowns I had fitted are of course colour matched to the existing teeth)?

Also is there a limit to the whiteness that that can be achieved with Lumineer Veneer's if the underlying tooth is a shade of yellow?

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

hiya, lumineers are a brand name of denmat. they are similar to all other veneers, but are marketed speciifically as 'no prep' and geared towards the american market where people dont want their teeth prepped.
    unfortuantely there are downsides of bonding something artificial to your teeth, even/especially if no preperation is undertaken. one usually gets areas of stagnation near the margins/ altered contours etc. this means you have to be extra careful cleaning them or they could decay/get gum disease. also there is no way to get them off without damaging teeth unless your dentist has a 60000 euro hard tissue laser(unlikely).
    preperation is desirable in most cases, even if it is just limited to a small area at the margin. this results in better fit and lack of future problems that are casued by bacteria stagnating at the margin(as nothign can be polished to zero in this critical area) .anyway veneers are not usually bonded to crowns but if shade changes are needed then the crowns are remade using the same porcelein as the veneers. of course in the case of implants this may be expensive/difficult depending on the crown/implant design. hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lomb, please forgive the late thanks for your post- I totally forgot that i'd posted about this and came here to ask about the same thing again!

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

If I read you correctly, if I want to get veneers, its fine on normal teeth (with a little preperation ) but probably will need to have the implant crown remade instead if I want that redone into a bright white shade?

Secondly, you seem to indicate a "preperation" approach is preferable if I understand you correctly, what would you recommend a patient of yours that said they wanted Hollywood white teeth and they had already tried standard bleeching etc and were not happy with the results?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement