Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you miss college?

Options
  • 20-07-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I am bored out of my tree and I cannot wait till the academic year starts again. I will get stuck into my work and join some new societies work hard and play hard. I am so bored I am starting a poll on boards!! Anyway what do others think?

Do you miss college? 45 votes

Yes (Probably bored senseless)
    0% 0 votes
    No (Having the time of your life)
    66% 30 votes
    Other (probably indefference)
    33% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

there are no jobs...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I know!! I am having the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I wanna go back so, I can quit my job again. I have a great job, but if given the choice to work or not to work, I choose the latter, and since I don't have to work a part-time job while college is in session, I can't wait to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

College is the best! Enough work to keep you busy but not so much you're tired and can't have a life. And no bitter old office people! Ah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

yes i started to miss the college life 2 weeks after I finished up my exams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I know!! I am having the same problem.

Moi aussi. I just spent pretty much a week playing Pikmin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

I am bored senseless. Roll on september!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I love where im working. Luncheon vouchers for around Dun Laoghaire, good pay, great experience for the fututure, work 5 mins walk from house, great people to work with, no pressure, good pay, good social aspects.

MY life is busier now than it ever was during uni (mainly cos of all the extra disposable income).
    Only just over 1 month to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

When I was in college I never wanted to leave. Now that I'm working I'm a bit apprehensive about going back. No more having my weekends to myself, no more blithely abandoning my desk at 5.30 without a care in the world, no more disposable income, having to think Hard Thoughts :( at least it's just for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

I'm still here... you dudes aren't missing much :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

since i got my results i'm desperate to go back now and nail this final year to the ground!

i hate the place but i think once you are in UCD for 3 years and are in the routine of going into the place most days from September to May you do begin to miss it in a weird love/hate sort of way

saying that, knowing myself all too well i will be moaning about being back after my first lecture! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I drop in about once every two weeks over the sumer so I don't relly get around to missing the place.
    I'm looking forward to September though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I work in college as a temporary exec assistant so I don't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

College or no college, it's all the bloody same. Indifference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Why would anybody miss college ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Het-Field wrote:
    Why would anybody miss college ?

Smoking at the wall. Never having to organise nights out because you know all your mates are going to be down in the Forum eventually. I huge supply of new people to get to know. Gossip and scandal a-plenty. A massive library full of deadly books (when I considered not coming back for a pg the thought of losing library access struck genuine fear into my heart). Spending endless hours in the Arts cafe drinking coffee and tea. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Its not that I miss it cos I'm bored now, it's just I really really miss my friends from college! I live an hours drive from the nearest one, and he's probably off in Las Vegas doing some crazy ass thing like he always does. And Dublin people are of a different stock and breed it seems to Cork people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

And Dublin people are of a different stock and breed

damn them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah, we're thoroughbred.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm still here... you dudes aren't missing much :)

QFT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Bored out of my mind. Wasn't able to find a temporary summer job. If you really want to miss college get on the dart at 8 with all the pinstriped peddlers of misery. That memory alone keeps me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you don't miss college during the summer then you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

stolenwine wrote:
    Wasn't able to find a temporary summer job..

Did you try leaving your lazyboy armchair? makes it a lot easier. I've gotten 2 jobs this summer so far. and no, not the type of "oh my little johnny wants a job for the summer, can u give him a job" - i'm talking very public interviews where i was one of hundreds applying for the positions.

if all else fails, get a job in the civil service! ha, its like the arts degree of employment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

if all else fails, get a job in the civil service! ha, its like the arts degree of employment!!
    except that civil service jobs are almost certainly waaaaay easier than doing an Arts degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not in the slightest. 5 years in college is quite enough for anyone tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Kinda yes and kinda no.

I miss the better hours - currently working 55 hour weeks and it's fairly dire, ok i get decent enough pay but i mis even placement where it was 30 hour weeks because of the number of breaks we got.

I miss studying to an extent - or more I miss keeping my mind as active as I do in college.

Don't really miss my classmates all that much - that could be something to do with the fact i'm currently sharing a room with 4 of them.

Miss the other stuff I did in college though. Boo. Ah well not long now I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Did you try leaving your lazyboy armchair? makes it a lot easier. I've gotten 2 jobs this summer so far. and no, not the type of "oh my little johnny wants a job for the summer, can u give him a job" - i'm talking very public interviews where i was one of hundreds applying for the positions.

Wow you took what I said and created a plot with characters and a script and everything!!!!!

Only another 4 weeks to go, wooooooooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

I am most definitely not missing college, the summer is too much freedom. Im working and I get tired but its not the brain-drained tiredness that I get with college and no 3 hour commute every day, how would I miss that ? And long labs ? Loads of assignments...maybe Im just in the wrong course....

• Advertisement

there are no jobs...!

Hooorah, I got one at long last!!

Advertisement