Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clever place to flag a taxi late saturday night

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Taxi unions and company's put driver's aware of a number of sex attacks on females

Yes, I've heard about these happening a lot as well. Like this case.
    some people just look like assholes

And some people just are assholes:

A State-funded advisory body on racism has condemned a website aimed at taxi drivers in Ireland for carrying offensive and racist material relating to immigrants in Ireland.

The National Consultative Committee on Racism and Interculturalism (NCCRI) has called for the forum section of the website, www.taxi.ie, to be closed down and for all racist comments to be removed.

Yesterday the forum, which has 500 registered users, carried dozens of racist entries and jokes targeting a range of minority groups including black people, Romanians and Travellers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The forum on that site is unreal.
    I realise they're mostly armchair experts but they come across as almost retarded...esp that robert de biro character (oh how we laughed).

I use taxis regularly and will make sure to get out of any I see with a '100% Irish' sticker.
    Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Some choice quotes from the taxi drivers' forum:

On Race:
    Get a sticker saying "Im white and Im proud!"
    None of my family would go in a taxi with a black guy rain or not.

On Paying Tax and robbing the public blind
    Bit of luck myself got Navan from the merrion hotel got 110 for that, went out to Airport at 2.30am after a 55 to Rush from ballsbridge and what did I get then? A little job to delgany for 120, glad didnt do the lotto who needs it with luck like this!!

FFS? Are you a child? Will you keep your earnings to yourself? Again, FFS! Jesus Christ.

And best of all - on boards.ie
    The good folk over on boards.ie are talking about taxis again. I think it's about time we told them the truth about themselves. Let's give them a taste of their own medicine and tell them what we really think of them.

Sure thats one of my old classics it goes..............................................

Why do b***k people smell? So blind people can hate them too!!!!!

....and so on and so forth. Lovely people taxi drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dirty Knuckles

Magpie,

I'll resist getting into a sh*t throwing contest with you, couldn't be arsed to be honest.

Can you post links to all that stuff you just posted please?.

As for 'white & proud' stickers, sorry I've never seen them. And if I did I'd report the driver myself.

Now pal, I've tried answering all quiries, and sh*t talk re. taxi's honestly and in a mature fashion so unless you can do the same I'll finish with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dirty Knuckles

Ok, just had a look at the site.

Yes, unfortunetely there are some racist comments made, its a shame.

I'm not justifying racist comments for one moment, but there is a huge concern amoung taxi driver's regarding the amount of non-Irish driver's on the road.

Now for me, I could care less. Its a free market and if they're genuinely passing the SPSV test then fair balls to them.

I could also relate stories about non-Irish driver's doing crazy things, but like most other things, I couldn't be arsed.

Once I'm making a living out of it I'll mind my own business thank you.

Anyway, this is way off topic now.

Guys, this is simple. If you have a bad experience with a taxi driver, report it to the cops or the regulator. Get a receipt for the journey EVERYTIME. For crying out loud this isn't hard. Complain to the proper authorities and get bad drivers off the road and stop whinging and making up stories for boards.ie (magpie and your runner's, lol).

Good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nevada

Seriously, unless your drunk, aggressive or dirty the driver is LEGALLY obligied to drive you to your destination unless the distance exceed's 30kgs from the point of hire.

If the driver refuses you, ie "sorry bud, I'm not going that direction" take a note of his/her roofsign number, plus time, date and location and report the fvcker.

What a stupid statement. If the driver is tired and going home thats his business not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nevada wrote: »
    What a stupid statement. If the driver is tired and going home thats his business not yours.

He doesn't have to stop you know. If he's tired and going home why did he stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Some very interesting comments here.. The problem with getting a Taxi at night in the city centre is the risk involved for the driver.Not all drivers are hard as nails,some are quite timid and probably worry about their safety and need to earn a living so have to have a go on a Saturday night.
    During the day a driver will stop for almost anyone whereas at night a lot of people are drunk or out of their head on drugs so the risk is higher and therefore drivers will be a bit more carefull.When out working at the weekend all a driver wanys to do is earn a living,not get abused,or have someone be sick all over them,or have someone sh1t on their seats.No driver is paid enough for that...I know that not all drivers are sound but neither are all taxi customers.
    As for the comment about taxi drivers picking up young girls, that would be better posted on that taxi forum with all the other crap..
    If you want a taxi at night, dont get pissed.
    If you think something is wrong with the driver or the car or the fare then contact the taxi regulator quoting the licence number on your reciept.
    If you want a good service,treat the driver and car with some respect as other people need the taxi after you.
    Taxi drivers need you as much as you need them.
    Back to the original post, if you are having a problem gettin a taxi then take the advice givin earlier... start heading out of town,behave like a responsible adult and hopefully you wont be long waiting.

Advertisement