Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Planet

• 20-07-2007 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

After leaving it sit there for months, I finally took a proper stab at Lost Planet.

In terms of gameplay, it's actually alright. The VS (robot suit) scenes are a great laugh, total transformers esque kinda of stuff.

But one thing that is completely off putting is the absolutely atrocious story and voice acting. Unwatchable. I'd usually watch cutscenes once anyway. But Lost Planet's are genuinely unwatchable.

Absolute 24 carat muck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I bought it months ago and still havent played it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable game if you can just enjoy it for what it is and expect nothing more than some sweet action...
    I have to agree though, the cutscenes were truely awful:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Quite like the game actually, cut scenes are the usual Jap/English weird scripting, but the action is great and the visuals beautiful. The PC version is supposed to be even better.
    That said my copy hasn't seen the drive of the 360 since before Christmas, but then again neither has PGR3, more a symptom of having too much to play.

I went back to Okami the other day after an extended hiatus and have fallen in love with it all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got it when it was first released and genuinely thought it was fantastic... which is weird, dead rising & lost planet, both from capcom... and i liked them?

except after saving the game and going off for a day or two, coming back to lost planet made me realise it's the same crap on each level/section. it's repetitive, but pretty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

its not a bad game, but not spectacular either. The graphics are astonishing in places, and its fun, but repetitive. And the only saving grace in those cut scenes were lucas massive tits/cleavage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

best game ver, just picked up a 360 and always had my eye set on this, it did not dissapoint !!! anyone play this online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think best game ever might be overstating it slightly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I bought the colonies edition a while back, and enjoyed it again.. Online is good fun too.. Havent played it in a few weeks, but would be up for a few games

Advertisement