Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price To Charge For Shooting?

• 20-07-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

i was wondering what to charge a football team for filming there match,and putting it to dvd, only a small bit of editing needed,

im doing i as a nixer, i normal work for TV but cant charge them my prices for shooting for tv, theyd run a mile, and i dont no the going rate for normal mini-dv shooting etc.

thanks
    dean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robs666

no idea man but id love to get some free lance work like that, easy money!! :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

300 euros !
    Well it's an idea ! :)
    Plus the DVDs on top...
    Are the club paying you directly? as they will want to recoup the costs..
    How many DVDs do they need ? 15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Deano045

no just the one dvd so far anyways, they just want it as a record on the run up to the final, and then the final or big matchs prob want more dvds for the players,, yeah the club are paying me,,

i did something like this be4 were i charged per dvd cuz they want 20 to start of wit, just dont no about a one dvd job if ya get me,,,

is 300 a bit much or is this the going rate

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Well if its only one DVD then charge them by the hour..
    45 euros an hour maybe, 2 hours for the match, (I know a match is 90min) but I am allowing for a few shots before and after....

3 hours for post production and burning and packaging and travel expenses

285.. all in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

>>3 hours for post production and burning and packaging

Good going if you can do all this in 3 hrs!

Don't charge by the DVD - one of the players will buy one and make copies for all the others, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

300 quid. One DVD. Top and tail it. End of story. If they want to copy it after that, what do you care.

Advertisement