Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night time travel Ballsbridge to Charlesland

Options
  • 20-07-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hiya

I've done a search and can't find the relevant info although I'm sure i've seen it before.

I will be coming back from Ballsbridge anytime from 10pm -2pm.

How much is a taxi?

What is the number of the bus (Dubln Bus told me there isn't one) and anyone know where it stops in Ballsbridge?

I know there is a 7n from opp the embassy if I'm stuck late but are the nitelinks ok for a gal on her own?

The taxi or a nice handy bus around 11 would be the best! I hope someone sees this!

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 scivvy

sorry cheeky chops
    no idea about the safety of the nightlinks,I would imigine they would be ok if you sit near enough to the driver.

A taxi would possibly cost you 50 to 60 euro. Never heard of a 7n but a 84n leaves college street at 1.30 and 3.30 don't know where it stops along the way but it does come out to greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There is an 84 at 11 from Eden Quay, but it then waits at Bray until midnight before setting off for Greystones, but it doesn't go up Charlesland.

A 45 departing Eden Quay at 10:45 usually gets to Bray Main Street in time for you to catch the last 184 from Bray Station. Just get off at the stop by the Mermaid and wait there for the 184.

Alternatively, there are Darts at 10:50 and 11:30 (ish) from Lansdowne. The 10:50 is normally met in Greystones by the 184 I mentioned above. There are sometimes (but not always) taxis at Greystones to meet the last Dart.

The 84N doesn't go through Ballsbridge, it goes through Sandymount and Merrion Gates. Pick up points are Ringsend Village (just before the Garda Station), Blackrock Park, Deansgrange Cross (outside SuperValu), Cabinteely Village, Shankill Village, Bray Main Street (outside McCarthy's Shop) and it only goes as far as Greystones Station. Fare is €6

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks all. Mike do you know where the 45 stops in Ballsbridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

At the US embassy, the Toyota/Lexus dealership, corner of Simmonscourt Road, Wanderers RFC, all on Merrion Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks Mike for taking the time to answer.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

By the way, I've very rarely seen the Greystones nitelink pick anyone up on the route, and in fact have seen it speed past Blackrock when I've tried to get it home, so I don't know if it's a 100% guarantee.

A taxi from Blackrock was usually around €45, so maybe another 5 or so extra from Ballsbridge.
    scivvy wrote:
    Never heard of a 7n but a 84n leaves college street at 1.30 and 3.30 don't know where it stops along the way but it does come out to greystones.

I think that's at 2 and 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's also the Finnegans bus - leaves town at 0100 (to Bray only, you can order a cab on the way) and 0300 (to Kilcoole via Charlesland, but takes forever)

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/index_files/Page816.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

loyatemu wrote:
    there's also the Finnegans bus - leaves town at 0100 (to Bray only, you can order a cab on the way) and 0300 (to Kilcoole via Charlesland, but takes forever)

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/index_files/Page816.htm

Actually, you'll often see a few cabs pulled up at the Shankill / Bray roundabout to pick up people off the nitelinks that terminate there, so there are probably a good few options for you.

Advertisement