Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Meteor Contract

Options
  • 20-07-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am looking to get out of my meteor contract. Does anyone know if they have changed their terms and conditions recently? if they have I am goinf to say I don't agree with them and I want out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you want to end your contract you have to pay your monthly line rental times the number of months you have left in your contract. i don't know of any terms and conditions changes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How long have you been with them? Contract is only for the first year usually. So any time after that you can end it whenever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

also if you have bad coverage in your home or place of use, I had this with o2 when we moved to our new home, and they were very reasonalbe about, no termination charges or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

paperclips wrote:
    I am looking to get out of my meteor contract. Does anyone know if they have changed their terms and conditions recently? if they have I am goinf to say I don't agree with them and I want out.
    If you refuse to accept the new terms and conditions they must allow you to cancel without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They haven't changed terms and conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

has coverage got worse? or any delays or problems with them taking direct debit payments? or you could just be honest and say you want out and wont be happy and wont say anythin good about them till they let you out but they have gone like o2 recently not caring about customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

foggy_lad wrote:
    has coverage got worse? or any delays or problems with them taking direct debit payments? or you could just be honest and say you want out and wont be happy and wont say anythin good about them till they let you out but they have gone like o2 recently not caring about customers.

how are o2 not caring about customers? anyway if you want out of the contract you have to buy out if you have a few months left but if you're over 12 months and havent had an upgrade you shouldnt have to pay anything aside from your final bill, coverage is another issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SallyCooper

Be careful whoever got out of there meteor contracts, I checked my bank account yesterday and they took €150 cancelation fee. I have since resolved it and they are processing a refund but make sure you all check that they have not charged you this also.

Sally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hence why you should cancel the DD straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

paperclips wrote: »

They did change their T & C's in July, their should be a thread on this a few pages down, however if you wished to Opt out the contract you only had until the the 20th of august.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

your a bit late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Over 3 years old!

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement