Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sheer cover makeup

• 21-07-2007 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi
    I want to buy this make-up http://www.sheercover.com/ (the 30-day intro pack) but they don't ship outside the US and if you go on Ebay the price is more than twice what the US price is.
    Does anyone know if there is a UK or Irish website - I tried to put in .co.uk or .ie but it doesn't work
    My beautician sells powder makeup similar to this but the price is extortionate.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I don't know of a website for this type of make up, but I do know Laura Mercier in BT's sell a similar one for €40, or if that's too much, Isadora in Debhanams & Clerys have a mineral make up range from €18. HTH:)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

look on those shopping channls there's always an add for that stuff really late at nite!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lauraaa!

i want to buy it too darling :(

been looking on the net for days
    im pretty sure the only way are the two sites you mentioned

unless you know someone in the states that it could be delivered to and they can send it over?
    thats what im doing anyway

hope you figure something out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Their number is 0818 221 302 and I think it's something like €50.

I'm considering purchasing it as a surprise for my fiancé. She has so many different concealers that I'm losing count! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

Urban Decay in Roches do mineral makeup and L'Oreal has a new one out now.

I'd go for Lilly Lolo myself : www.lilylolo.co.uk

It's really good stuff and you can buy a number of sample jars before committing to a full size pot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HappyDaze

Hi, you can order this make-up in Ireland through Guthy-Renker. It is a fraction of the price of the other mineral make up and just as good if not better. Telephone 1800 905 087. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Have you tried everyday minerals? Ive heard dodgy things about sheercover, I think in a thread here aswell maybe?

Everyday minerals are 100% natural, shipping prices are good, product is good and you can order a free sample kit, you pay a few euros for shipping and thats it! I'd have a look at a few other mineral makeup lines befor choosing sheercover - Alima and the likes.

Check makeupalley for reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 meganfabre

Hi Cinnamon,
    I too wanted to buy this via the US site.. but did manage to find the UK/Ireland version at www.sheercover.co.uk where there is a phone no. to call Ireland.
    I called - the price to me seems excess *sighs* didnt order it.
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i second the everyday minerals..its really good and cheap...free starter kit,just pay shipping and then a large pot of foundation is only 12 dollars plus about 5 dollars for postage.. its deadly..

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

have you got sky tv? they were seling it one one of the shopping channels the other day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Karen Purdy

HI Check out Bare Escentuals its the best!!
    So Pure U can sleep in it!!! 100% mineral and there is a gorgeous luminosity off the foundation that make you look as if youve just had a facial...
    You can get it in The Body Clinic Wicklow Street Dublin, 68 Euro on a starter kit with 2 foundations bronzer and setting powder, 3 makeup brushes, DVD, Primer absolutely brill!!
    I will never put a liquid on my skin again!! Available in Salons and Spas around Eire

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

These guys are so dodgy they might as well be selling out of the back of vans. My partner bought this product and wasn't happy with it so she returned it, luckily by registered post. Two days later she got confirmation that the return was signed for and awaited a refund on her credit card. This is now two months later and with no sign of the refund she phoned them and they wouldn't entertain her at all. They stated that they never received the product back and wouldn't even try to look for it. This is with registered post!!! I would advise everyone to stay clear of these guys. They are running a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Bluebells wrote: »
    Have you tried everyday minerals? Ive heard dodgy things about sheercover, I think in a thread here aswell maybe?

I've heard some bad things about Sheer Cover too, and for a mineral makeup their ingredients list is pretty long.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

hey my friend was suckered into buying it from watching one of those info-mercials. And she says its crap.
    She said that everytime she'd wear it she'd have people asking her if she was feeling alright...cuz she looked off!!

Having said that though I've heard good things about mineral makeup in general...just not sheer cover! If you wanted to try some mineral makeup I'd suggest Bare Escentuals.
    You can get a starter kit....(i was tempted to buy it a few weeks ago, but the fact that I was broke put an end to that!!)...however all reviews I've read online about it (i've been researching it for months :) ) are positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think you're better off getting advice on mineral make-up on here than from an advertisement with semi famous people who are paid to talk about the product. Recommendations are always better! And its always better to try before you buy, anything skincare or cosmetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Elly1973

I've been using Sheercover for about a week now and I love it. It made my skin really smooth and the overall effect is gorgeous. It doesn't feel like make-up, it's not heavy and it doen't cake. I would definitely recommend. A bit expensive, yes, but a bit of a treat nevertheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dryad

I've been using Maybelline's mineral make up and I love it. It's easy to use, nice and light but with good coverage and staying power. 14.95 a pot and comes with a brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Thanks for the advice guys, i was really sucked in by that ad... i was soo close to asking my brother to get me some(on his credit card):o
    phew!..wat a relief haha!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 applejacks

I've tried Sheer Cover concealer and think it's great. I watched this video on how much coverage it really has!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SheerCover#p/a/u/2/JQ4w7UOtcMA

ModEdit#: Removed link

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abduvali

• Advertisement
Advertisement