Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media Centre Keyboard

• 21-07-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I bought a Microsoft MCE Remote Keyboard (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=038) on ebay during the week. The guy that sold it to me said it will work with XP Pro, even tho it's called the MCE Keyboard.

I've connected the usb IR receiver and it recognises it in device manager but nothing will work on the keyboard, except the pc standby button.

Has anyone ever set up this keyboard before??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

From what I can remember it's not meant to work in XP (I think) it was intended for XP MCE only though it should work in Vista too but if you install this patch on XP Pro then it should work disregarding the patch is intended for XP MCE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

I can confirm that , it works fine with no drivers on MCE ( they must be included in the OS or media centre app ) or any flavour of Vista , but wouldnt work for me on XP , any version , home or pro , just MCE.

Must try that patch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

The patch worked a treat!! I'm using the keyboard as a speak (or type...whatever!)

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement