Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Altezza? ...verdicts?

Options
  • 21-07-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

lads,

the Toyota Altezza, whats do ye think of it? thieves magnet? garda magnet?

I am very tempted, looks nice, lots of low mileage imports out there. Anybody owned or owns one? id love to hear some pros and cons from owners.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

More likely a thieves magnet as the Guards don't seem to bother with them as they are not as common as other cars and are still seen as that prestige car, if you get one a good quality alarm or tracker would be handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can the altezza be bought new in Ireland or are all the altezzas here Japanese imports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Nice if you can get one that hasn't been modified to make it look like a tool mobile. It's basically a Lexus IS200 but badged Toyota instead of Lexus as upto recently Lexus cars was sold as Toyota in Japan.

As regards a thief magnet I doubt it, unlikely to be robbed for its speed. I wouldnt touch one been sold in most garages in Ireland as they will have been clocked, import one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

thanks for the feedback, yeah i dont want to get a moddedd one, i would prefer a base model, does anyone know have an import car site? also can you trust it hasnt been clocked over there? i guess not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Some people on here have used this crowd before http://www.japaneseusedcars.com. They seem to stand over the milage, I suppose they could be clocked too but there's less chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Toyota Altezza uses a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder Yamaha Beams developled engine with around 220bhp.

Lexus IS200 uses a 2.0 litre 6 cylinder VVTi engine with around 155bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

putting aside all modding, is there much difference between the AS200 and the RS200 in terms of MPG ? would the AS200 be much cheaper to insure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

I was reading up on this recently and the AS200 (automatic) does around 8mpg less than the RS200 (manual), since it's a 6 cylinder engine rather than 4. The VRT on the automatics is around €1000 cheaper than the RS200, and there seems to be a load of them around.

The RS200 Z-Edition is a very nice car to drive. 6 speed gearbox, great attention to detail on the interior.

Advertisement