Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Video

Options
  • 21-07-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I was thinking of streaming video from my domain instead of putting it on you tube and linking it from there. The problem I have with this is that the 10 minute limit and quality are not good enough for me. These are soccer matches that I video and was wondering if I put up a file 1gb in size and someone watches it does that mean it has used 1gb of bandwith.

If this is the case is there a better way I could do this? My website gets about 3000 visits a week.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You might want to look into using different compression techniques.
    A 1 gig video will use 1 gig of bandwidth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I was thinking of streaming video from my domain instead of putting it on you tube and linking it from there. The problem I have with this is that the 10 minute limit and quality are not good enough for me. These are soccer matches that I video and was wondering if I put up a file 1gb in size and someone watches it does that mean it has used 1gb of bandwith.

If this is the case is there a better way I could do this? My website gets about 3000 visits a week.

Thanks in advance
    What format, resolution and length are the video files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Battery Rover

axer wrote:
    What format, resolution and length are the video files?

I can do them in any format but on you tube using mpg

512 Kbps wmv works out at around 175mb for 45 mins at 320x240. Gonna try all qualities in wmv to see what is acceptable. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio so can change pretty much everything but I am just learning what to do

Was trying to see if I could get a full 90 min match online somehow instead of just 5-10 mins of what I think the highlights are.

My website is www.athlonetowntv.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 roomwithaskew

i think the likes of google video and metacafe allow longer videos. Streaming from your own site could prove costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Google Video is probably your best free option.
    I uploaded a 37minute Daft Punk video to G Video last year. The file was approx 350mb in size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement