Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Sales!

• 21-07-2007 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Anyone head into the summer sales eg NEXT, Debenhams, Arnotts etc.? What wierd and wonderful bargains did you get? Will you wear your purchases once youve got them or were they brought in the moment of sales madness?

I got a lovely rose patterned linen shift dress in NEXT for E37 and a lovely white Broderie Anglaise Shift Dress in Marks and Spencer for E25. The rose dress will be ideal for a wedding or formal occasion. It was the best thing i brought al year to be honest.

To be honest i wasn't that impressed with this years sales, not a whole lot to choose from.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Anyone head into the summer sales eg NEXT, Debenhams, Arnotts etc.? What wierd and wonderful bargains did you get? Will you wear your purchases once youve got them or were they brought in the moment of sales madness?

I got a lovely rose patterned linen shift dress in NEXT for E37 and a lovely white Broderie Anglaise Shift Dress in Marks and Spencer for E25. The rose dress will be ideal for a wedding or formal occasion. It was the best thing i brought al year to be honest.

To be honest i wasn't that impressed with this years sales, not a whole lot to choose from.

I avoid sales like the plague. Your dresses sound nice though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i got lovely flat ankle boots in topshop in newry for fifteen sterling they used to be sixty so i thot that was a great bargain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The River Island sale was good. I bought a black crochet knit shift dress I was gonna buy anyway, down from e67 to e20, and a pair of dark grey skinny jeans, down from e58.50 to e20.
    Haven't bought anything anywhere else as I'm saving for my holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I didn't know the M&S sale was on, I must go in asap as I always find quite a lot there.

I haven't been into many of the sales, but I did get quite a few good things in the Brown Thomas sale ... a sweater by TSE cashmere, an Elle Macpherson underwear set, a Karen Millen dress, bertie shoes and Marc Jacobs knee high boots, all for €480 (over a few weeks though, I'm not that much of a spendthrift ;)). All my purchases were things I love: I'd wanted to buy both the dress and the boots when I first saw them at full price and given that the boots were nearly €600, that's saying a lot! :D After all that expenditure, I think the more I can avoid the sales, the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Being broke atm, the only thing i've bought so far was red skinny jeans from Mango, reduced from €50 i think to €25.
    Mango sale seems pretty good reduction wise. Was disappointed everywhere else really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the next sale terrifies me, people shop to kill in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

phasers wrote:
    the next sale terrifies me, people shop to kill in there

As an avid NEXT sales shopper (twice a year) i agree. You have to be ruthless, fight your corner, zone in on what you want and go for it! The reason the sale is so good there is that the stock on sale is the normal stuff they have in the shop all year round (they dont bring in any cheap merchandise like some retailers for the purposes of the sale).

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the next sale freaks me out, i like the next home stuff and they normally have a lot off for the sale, but the women scare me! I was in next in dundrum on sat and as usual there were people just piling stuff into those plastic bags and then finding a corner to actually decide what they wanted. I looked at a couple of things and when I put them down they were grabbed and stuck in bags piled full of stuff. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and gave up.

It's much safer in the mens dept, but the clothes aren't up to much tbh.

Advertisement