Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Edge Come back as a Face or Heel?

• 21-07-2007 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

The start of edge's speech in SD! before Long took the belt.....Struck me as if WWE were trying to turn edge to a face again. Don't know why it just did?

What do ye Think?

*/EDIT: Not what ye hope but what WWE will do?

Face or Heel? 4 votes

Face
    0% 0 votes
    Heel
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I didn't see Edge's speech on Smackdown but Edge is one of the best heels in WWE right now (maybe the best) and making him a face when he returns would make little sense unless one of the big babyfaces like Cena turns during this period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

After his last run as face I promised myself to never watch him again as face, so I say heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Heel. It's what he is best at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Edge is a much better heel. He's perfected it, I think it would be a waste if they made him face now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

He'll come back as a heel & join DX & kick HBK out. Atleast thats what they should do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

heel . I think he is hilarious when he is heel and his promo's are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Heel. He is a fantastic heel.
    Only rivalled by a heel HHH in my opinion.
    His promos last year were great!

Get well soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gillie wrote:
    Heel. He is a fantastic heel.
    Only rivalled by a heel HHH in my opinion.
    His promos last year were great!

Get well soon!

I think he'll turn face by default as the crowd will miss him, kinda like HHH's hiatus in 2001. But after a couple of months, he'll heel up like a bastard once again. Which is good for him cos he's fairly bland as a face.

VR!

I think he'll turn face by default as the crowd will miss him, kinda like HHH's hiatus in 2001. But after a couple of months, he'll heel up like a bastard once again. Which is good for him cos he's fairly bland as a face.

VR!

Sounds good! Remember what Tripps did to flair! *shudders* and HBK on his last two turns?
    Nasty TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

VR!
    Edge is damn good at turning a crowd though - remember when he got the ovation (and Cena got roundly boo'd) in Toronto (i think) He was treated like a hero when walking to the ring, and within 2 minutes had the crowd screaming for his blood. Did it brilliantly.

An excellent heel, and should never be anything else.

The crowd will pop when he returns, obviously, but a couple of lines such as "Screw you, you were happy to see me go" would have him back in heel country fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

TBH I don't think he will be out long enough to get a good reception when he comes back. I think he's only going to be on the shelf for around 2 months. Anyway as stated above, 30 seconds on the mic and everyone will hate him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

He is brilliant as a heel, can't see him returning as a face.

He is the best heel on the mic, he has been doing it for so long now that I can't see WWE changing it around.

Tauren wrote:
    Edge is damn good at turning a crowd though - remember when he got the ovation (and Cena got roundly boo'd) in Toronto (i think) He was treated like a hero when walking to the ring, and within 2 minutes had the crowd screaming for his blood. Did it brilliantly.

Given where Edge is from, regarding his hometown. That was gonna happen by default. Christian ran that same risk in 2002 before Wrestlemania, so he had to change his location to Florida (i think) as Mania was being held in Toronto that year.

VR!

That's Canadians for yeah!
    They always cheer for their own Heel and Face and fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Given where Edge is from, regarding his hometown. That was gonna happen by default. Christian ran that same risk in 2002 before Wrestlemania, so he had to change his location to Florida (i think) as Mania was being held in Toronto that year.

VR!
    well yeah - i was just pointing out he can turn a crowd against himself better then anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Gillie wrote:
    That's Canadians for yeah!
    They always cheer for their own Heel and Face and fair play!

well tbh i'd do exactly the same thing, if i ever get to see a smackdown event with Finlay, i'll cheer him heel or not (even tho he's meant to be from Norn Iron)

(even tho he's meant to be from Norn Iron)

He is

Fozzy wrote:
    He is
    could have fooled me. he just sounds like (stupid comparison but......) Richard Gere in that film that was on RTE last night, putting on a really bad northern irish accent, but maybe he's just been living in america most of his life and his accent is faded away

One thing i do know for sur is that Hornswoggle isn't irish!!

He's been living in America for about 12 years I think. Weird accent alright, it's like a Northern accent with a drawl. But he's definitely Irish! He probably hasn't spent a lot of time in Northern Ireland in about 30 years, cos he was wrestling all over Britain in the 80's and then all over Europe too

i wonder is JBL's whole story about having known Finlay for over 20 years is true. and if it is, was it JBL then who brought him to the WWE?

• Advertisement

i wonder is JBL's whole story about having known Finlay for over 20 years is true. and if it is, was it JBL then who brought him to the WWE?

JBL used to wrestle in Europe and would have met Finlay there, probably in the CWA in Germany. I think JBL won their tag titles, I know Finlay won a few titles there. WWE signed Finlay when they bought out WCW. Pretty much everyone considers him one of the best in-ring workers in the world, so I don't think he needed much help in getting signed

Very doubtful to be honest. I remember JBL dropped that Finlay's father had passed on during an episode of SD! last year, when in actual fact he is still alive and well!

And as Fozzy pointed out, he had amazing matches throughout the world, including a very notable feud with Regal in WCW around 95. He was semi-retired by the time WWE had signed him during the WCW buyout, but he would be a road agent and trainer, especially for a lot of the women wrestlers. He alongside Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly) play a big role in Trish Stratus going from useless annoying valet to very accomplished wrestler over the course of 2001-2003.

VR!

Advertisement