Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Audio Panel - HELP!

Options
  • 21-07-2007 4:47pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm at a loss as to what goes where on the connection. It's a Striker Extreme mobo with that Supreme-FX add on sound card. There's nothing in the manual that'll explain it and I can't find anything after hours of looking (the Asus site itself is pants tbh).

Can anyone lend me a hand? I really want to be able to plug the headset in at the front and leave my speakers plugged in at the back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Do you have the Q-connecter thing? I think, not sure thats how you connect all the front panel audio connections..?

I dont use mine so im not sure!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Aye, I thought it might've been part of that, but unfortunately the Q-Connector only has the "bits" for the front switches, LEDs and USB ports, nothing about the audio. There were full diagrams for those parts/wires I mentioned, but nothing for the audio, so I don't believe they forgot to send me a piece of the puzzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Maybe I'm missing something but after looking over the Striker Extreme manual the board appears to have no front panel audio connections at all so I dont think there is anything you can do unless I'm mistaken.

They only thing I cant see is a picture of the sound card add-on I would have though the front panel audio connections would be on that no ?

Aye, that's the thing, the sound card add-on that came with it does have the connections (or at least it looks like they're the connections), but like I said, I can't find any details as to what wire plugs in to what pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Actually know that I think about it, I dont actually use my front audio connections :)

What Case is it?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

iCute thing I found in Maplins that looks purdy (and will in all eventuallity be replaced before the year is out). It's one of these (of of the bottom right 2). There's a pdf article on the site with some manner of explanation and I'll give all that a go in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well after a little Google searching this Neoskeer review states that the;
    We also get a IEEE1394 FireWire pin header (in red) with the front panel audio pin headers right next to it. In the right most picture, we find two USB2.0 pin header ports in bright blue.

In reference to this picture which is branded as SPDIF and temp to confuse you, now whether it is or isn't I don't know it looks like it could take the front panel audio connection but I'd double check the manual again in what it says about that header.

Advertisement