Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tv tuners in car

Options
  • 21-07-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hi, have got a flip out screen with tv tuner built in, had aerial provided on roof. was muck reception,i tried everywhere on car, i see lots of guys with aerials on their roof or back window in same places i tried etc

my main question is this- does anybody get good reception on them or am i gonna have to make do with fuzzy news at nine each night if i bother putting it back on!!!!:)

cheers any comments welcomed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Keith K

Keith K wrote:
    hi, have got a flip out screen with tv tuner built in, had aerial provided on roof. was muck reception,i tried everywhere on car, i see lots of guys with aerials on their roof or back window in same places i tried etc

my main question is this- does anybody get good reception on them or am i gonna have to make do with fuzzy news at nine each night if i bother putting it back on!!!!:)

cheers any comments welcomed

its only middle screen i had receiving aerial feed, and i didnt bother teeing off for visor screens so its not a case of one feed splitting into three thats making it fuzzy(see picture above)

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Get yourself a good diversity antenna system if your system accepts one. Difference in reception on my car was huge. System is mounted half on the windscreen and half on the rear screen. Mine is an active system with pre-amps, picked up at random in local motor factors, cost about €75 though but it does work.

If you can't use a diversity system then get a preamp for the existing aerial, won't make a huge difference but in a car every little bit helps.

Usually the aerial supplied with these bits of kit is pure shi...........rubbish, having said all that even a good car antenna will still need a moderate to strong signal area for decent pictures, weak signal areas will always be grainy if even watchable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i agree with okenora, you could be in a bad reception area so are getting a weak signal to the tuner., personally i dont bother with the tuner on mine., only stations you get are cr*p and id rather have CDs/DVDs etc.,

Advertisement