Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr Nex/Altern 8 In Rogue

• 21-07-2007 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Only went in at the last minute,wasn't gonna go cos the weather was rotten but delighted i went now, a top nite was had,place was heaving downstairs,Rogue is a great little club very intimate.

Simon F played an excellent warm u set (nice to meet you again man;) ) Then Pilgrim got on and played an excellent old skool classics set,Mark Archer came on around 1am and started out playing old Techno and Bleep, some serious underground classics, some people were expecting more of an anthems set but personally im delighted he played more underground,he finished off with some classics thrown in for good measure, and Pilgrim and Mark Archer played back to back for a while,great nite was had,respect to the Ghetto Jacking crew for putting on an excellent nite, great crowd and atmosphere.:) took a video or two ill upload in a while.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

jonny68 wrote:
    Only went in at the last minute,wasn't gonna go cos the weather was rotten but delighted i went now, a top nite was had,place was heaving downstairs,Rogue is a great little club very intimate.

Simon F played an excellent warm u set (nice to meet you again man;) ) Then Pilgrim got on and played an excellent old skool classics set,Mark Archer came on around 1am and started out playing old Techno and Bleep, some serious underground classics, some people were expecting more of an anthems set but personally im delighted he played more underground,he finished off with some classics thrown in for good measure, and Pilgrim and Mark Archer played back to back for a while,great nite was had,respect to the Ghetto Jacking crew for putting on an excellent nite, great crowd and atmosphere.:) took a video or two ill upload in a while.

Was in there myself, great night, the place was rammed and there was still a crowd outside tryin to get in. One thing i will say is it was VERY VERY warm although its too be expected with so many people in a small venue. Was that you walking round with the phone in the air. Cant wait to see the vids. Hope you managed to get the sound recorded ok to cause the music was top notch, bass mighta been a bit much for cam phone. Either way. Get em up !!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah that was probably me with the phone, i have this thing of taking video's whenever im at a good nite:D yeah it was very hot an all, and some decent air con wouldn't go amiss.will upload the vids soon.:cool:

Video's from last Friday as requested,one is long enough 5 mins 52, the other just under 2 mins, enjoy.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q25e9Rk9qEI

other vid to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

jonny68 wrote:
    Video's from last Friday as requested,one is long enough 5 mins 52, the other just under 2 mins, enjoy.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q25e9Rk9qEI

other vid to follow.

Good stuff jonny! Great night so it was!

The set was recorded and will be posted shortly on the ghettojacking myspace page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ROM79

Slunk wrote:
    Was in there myself, great night, the place was rammed and there was still a crowd outside tryin to get in. One thing i will say is it was VERY VERY warm although its too be expected with so many people in a small venue. Was that you walking round with the phone in the air. Cant wait to see the vids. Hope you managed to get the sound recorded ok to cause the music was top notch, bass mighta been a bit much for cam phone. Either way. Get em up !!!!!! :D

Allrite Slunk, Ro here ;)

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Alright Ro, you get around dont ye. :p

Nice vids jonny.

Were all the sets recorded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Slunk wrote:

Nice vids jonny.

Were all the sets recorded?

Set as promised.........

http://www.counterpoint.ws/ghettojacking/altern-8_@_ghetto_jacking_rogue_dublin_july-20-2007.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ROM79

Slunk wrote:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Great set. Great night. Some stuff I wasn't familiar with - but I'm getting to know it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

was indeed great audio therapy

I know I'm a bit late now and that :confused:

the warm up was the best I've heard (prob ever)
    I had never heard Break and Enter being mixed in a club before, excellent. Also loved the mix of Inner City's Good life that was dropped.

but sets were top notch and Pilgrim for me was best on the night, the way he mixed those tunes was fantastic and a nice scratch thrown in for good measure mid set.

we left not long after N21 got on. tbh it was too warm in the place and as has been said in a previous post a bit of air con wouldn't go a miss. Also I felt the humour was brought down a bit with his choice of music. Now don't get me wrong, I love my underground but I just felt it went against what had been building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Anyone know the name of the tune @ 9.00 mins on that mix??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Its cool Nexxy answered my query :D

Advertisement