Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jones Road- lost wallet

Options
  • 21-07-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Mods- This might belong in Humanities ?
    My son lost his wallet on Jones Road today. It just set me thinking -
    Has anyone ever had lost property given back to them. Are the days of handing things into police stations well and truly gone.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have found wallets/purses in the past and returned them to the owner if there was ID in them, or to a bank if the cards were in it.
    I suppose it depends who finds it whether your son will get it back.
    There are certainly still some people out there who would try to get it to its owner.

Of course there are lots of scum with no standards as to how they live their lives too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

spurious wrote:
    Of course there are lots of scum with no standards as to how they live their lives too.
    But they do have standards - one of which is 'Finders Keepers'!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jones Road you say OP.

Right, phone Fitzgibbon St garda station and if it's not there then you'll never see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

micmclo wrote:
    Jones Road you say OP.

Right, phone Fitzgibbon St garda station and if it's not there then you'll never see it again.

Tried that, no luck. Looks like it will never be seen again !
    Nice to know that some people would hand it in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Delighted to report that a very kind person contacted my son to say he found his wallet. Faith in humanity has been restored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I'm not really surprised, allways thought the people of Drumcondra to be good honest people, glad you got it back and fair play to you for telling us all.

Advertisement