Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post on adverts.ie

Options
  • 21-07-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I don't use boards.ie but I have recently signed up on adverts.ie and everythings great there except now, when I just logged in I 'don't have permission' to view the pages. I can't leave a message, or view any of the ads.

Was I banned or something? !

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You are banned. I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭lalalalinda

Well, can somebody un-ban me? I have to contact a seller. I did nothing wrong in either of my ads and any of the comments I made on other ads were because I was interested in the item or I wish I had the money for the item!!!:D

I think that's not a likely outcome, it's more likely that you simply don't know what rule you broke. Perhaps you were bumping too frequently?

That's the only thing I can think of but I've seen countless people bumping much more than me. I bump once every 1/2/3 days. It's not continuous though and I don't think it's a bannable offence. The person who banned me could have at least given me the courtesy to tell me.

EDIT: Wow. I'm kinda speechless. Why do I get banned for bumping and everyone else doesn't? It's a bit ridiculous isn't it? Is it because I'm new here? Because my items aren't worth bumping as much as others? I'm not gonna rat anyone out but just take a look at the musical instruments adverts and you will see worse than my ads.

Why do mods have nothing better to do than to go LOOKING for rule breaks.

• Advertisement

Um....I've learnt my lesson...??

Can I be unbanned please? I have to attend to my ads and also make an offer on another ad.

I read your message from last night within a few seconds of you posting, I didn't see your edit until now. If the mods do go looking for rule breaks, this is good from our point of view!

I'll contact an adverts mod and see what they say. The number of bumps struck me as quite a lot, and perhaps they do allow a little leeway but enforce the rules for what they see as excessive.

Sorry, that post was written without a read-over. I was just really annoyed with the rudeness of whoever banned me, who obviously just did an eenie meany miney mo and it turned out to be me.

EDIT: I'm just going to post my ads on buy and sell. How do I delete my ads/account?

Advertisement