Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help! Inchicore!

• 21-07-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Ok, How do I get to Inchicore from Connolly station? I hear I can take a Luas but I've no idea what stop I have to get off at! Anyone know what stop this is, and how do I get to the Inchicore Railway Works?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The bus will be quicker and will stop close to the works for you. Not sure of the number bus, 79 i think but other posters will correct me. You going to be working there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

The 79 is the bus you want, get off at the model school. Turn in the the arch in the wall. You will now be in the 'wiket' (local nickname) the works in are in there, as you turn in the arch, you will only be able to turn left, keep going that way and it will bring you to the works.

Now a caveat, I havent been that way in 10 years or more, so check with the bus driver.

Anyone else got better directions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Luas involves a 10 minutes walk in the wrong direction

68 or 69 pass by the road leading to the Works, or get the 51/51b/51c and get off as soon as it takes the left from Emmet Rd to Tyrconnell Rd and then walk back

Its a fair walk from the bus to the works itself.

Of course to the great annoyance of passengers trains make stops in Inchicore occasionally to drop off staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

MarkoP11 wrote:

Of course to the great annoyance of passengers trains make stops in Inchicore occasionally to drop off staff

Usual cheap jibe from Marko inserted into a topic, I see :p

The 78A/79 get you to either the gap AKA Wiket (Long time since I heard that one!) on Sarsfield Road opposite Cleary's Pub (Worth a gawk for the ornate ironwork alone) or to the famed "Kyber Pass" further up. If your arriving off Connolly, you could get the LUAS to St. James Hospital and get the 78A from there. There is also a smaller gate on Ring Street

I would strongly advise you to enter via the main gate as the complex is quite large and easy to get lost in; also entry can't be guaranteed via the other two gates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Route 78A or 79 from Aston Quay are the best options.

Take a 90 from Connolly Station to Wood Quay (before the Civic Offices) and take a 78A or 79 from there and ask the driver to let you off at the main entrance to the Inchicore Works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Hamndegger wrote:
    The 78A/79 get you to either the gap AKA Wiket (Long time since I heard that one!) on Sarsfield Road opposite Cleary's Pub

I went to school in the Model in the 80's, it was always the wiket to us. DOnt know where the name came from, or if it is still used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

If you're going to the works itself, then a 78A or 79/A is best. If you know where the "Khyber Pass" is that's my preferred point of access

If you're heading for the training centre, then you can get in via the "bungalow gate" on Tyrconnell Park. Luas to Blackhorse is a reasonable option in that case.

If you're coming from Connolly, you'll have to walk to Aston Quay to get a bus, so a walk will be required at one end or the other.

Edit: I don't think I've added any new options. Must read threads in full before replying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I think it's the training centre I'm actually looking for! So what is the luas stop actually called? I'd much rather get a Luas and walk then walk and then get a bus, because I despise buses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I went for an interview at IE in Inchicore last year, the Luas to Blackhorse was absolutely perfect. 10 minutes walk

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/images/Blackhorse.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

you have a number of options
    1 luas to blackhorse then down tyrconnell road turn onto inchicore terrace you cant miss it theres a large sign for irish rail straight up will bring you to the gate where you can present yourself

2 bus 78 79 68 51b 69
    all of the above pass by at tyrconnell road emmet road just a short walk to the works

3 taxi cant go wrong there !

• Advertisement

I think he has been and gone by now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

cymro wrote:
    I think he has been and gone by now.:D

Or maybe he never made it. We haven't heard back from him. A couple of stops too many on the 78A can be the difference between life & death :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

BendiBus wrote:
    Or maybe he never made it. We haven't heard back from him. A couple of stops too many on the 78A can be the difference between life & death :eek:

Only of he showed any form of injury or weakness ;)

D.

BendiBus wrote:

I did. He made it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

haha, just saw this again! I made it.... I took the Luas.. and I MADE IT!!!:D

Advertisement