Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

want in dash DVD unit

Options
  • 21-07-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for an intergrated DVD and FM double DIN headunit for my Mitsu FTO.
    Bluetooth would be nice, and maybe satnav, i could have sworn i saw such a gizmo for €500 on ebay last week, but can't find it now.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Apparently Pioneer have a double DIN nav/DVD/bluetooth unit out at the moment that's getting rave reviews. It retails at about STG£750, but you might pick one up a lot cheaper on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks, the pioneer may be a bit too pricey. the one i saw had route 66 satnav installed, I already use this system and it's pretty good. I don't want to spend a fortune on it, because the frameless windows make the car easy to break into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote:
    because the frameless windows make the car easy to break into.
    Surely you mean harder? No frame to quietly bend back in the dead of night...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    for my Mitsu FTO

O/T: When did you get the FTO, Colm? Thought you were planning to buy a fast Galant of sorts?

thursday, was kinda thinking Galant VR4, but it just wasn't me. Maybe in a few years. Bought a GPX (V6 MIVEC) tiptronic with lots of extras. will post pics as soon as I figure out what's wrong with my camera!

JHMEG, the frameless windows mean it's easy to stick a coat hanger or similar between the glass and rubber and open the interior lock. have a high end Clifford alarm and immobiliser, but still would be paranoid about break ins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Don't bother with the Halfrauds/other cheap rubbish Colm, get something half decent. Mikeythemini over at newministuff.co.uk does some amazing prices on Kenwood motorised flip out screens with SatNav. Plus, if you're in the trade, supply your VAT number, and he'll ship without the dreaded Vodka and Tonic. I constantly use the guy for work related stuff.

I've literally spent thousands on Music & Video installs in my own cars throughout the years, and am about to start the merry go round again. So good luck with your baby too!

[EDIT] I see you asked for Double DIN. Most DD stuff is expensive, I'd recommend getting a single DIN and a fascia, the cooler fascias give you a velour cubby hole beneath your stereo, they look almost like a factory fit.

A motorised display will block the climate control, and I don't like the look of them. Will check out the website though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

A friend of mine recently bought a Kenwood double din yoke, with the addon satnav unit (http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acatalog/kenwood_garmin_navigation.html).

Stay away from this! The maps, even tho Navteq, are ancient. So bad that Leixlip for example isn't on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could you not find something suitable from a trade-in on the forecourt Colm? :D

that'd be stealing bazz, and I'm a car salesman. I have a reputation to uphold!

• Advertisement
Advertisement