Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moblie broadband laptop

Options
  • 21-07-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Im thinking about getting a new laptop and mobile broadband.

It says in the ads for mobile broadband that it can be used with compatible laptops.Anyone any idea which ones are compatible? cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Some of the modems are connected by USB. Others are PCMCIA cards. You may well have both. If you're running Vista, check to see if drivers are available at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I have heard of some issues with Vista powered laptops, but aside from that, once your laptop has a usb port, you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭uma

cheers for that.

what kind of issues would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

The issues are with the E220 Modem, Vista & drivers and are covered in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055123329

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

ethernet wrote:
    Some of the modems are connected by USB. Others are PCMCIA cards. You may well have both. If you're running Vista, check to see if drivers are available at the moment.

Most new laptops don't have PCMCIA anymore (my 1 your old dell doesn't)...
    they will all have usb.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

dell are now putting hsdpa broadband modems inside some of their new latitudes so u wont need a usb modem or a pcmcia port
    I think they come with vodafone card although this is changable

Advertisement