Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm giving spurious readings

Options
  • 21-07-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I have an Astec alarm that has been acting up in the past week.

Part of the time, it says that one of the bedroom windows are open, which when checked are all securely closed.

The rest of the time, it won't turn itself on when the code is put in to it. It just refuses to beep:confused:

I think it must be a faulty sensor somewhere. However, as our mains electricity keeps on tripping at the RCB box, could it be a short in the alarm wires instead?

Alarm guy won't return calls - typical Celtic Tiger service - so advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its not setting when you enter the code, what is it saying?
    Is this also refering to the same zone?
    There are no alarm wires that you could short that would cause your fuses to trip.
    if the messages always refer to the same zone there could be either a faulty sensor or contact on that zone or a bad connection..
    If you want to PM me your details I will arrange someone to look at it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

koolkid is right,
    Had a similar problem recently where the reed switch in the contact was faulty. Kept showing up as open. I replaced the contact and all is now in order. As regards the consumer unit tripping, I doubt the alarm would cause this. Get an engineer out and ask for the system to be serviced too.

Advertisement