Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My NEW Alarm Clock

Options
  • 21-07-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

magpie003A.jpg

These 2 Magpies started Pecking on my bedroom window last week, they arrive between 4:30 and 5:30. I though it was some bad lad trying to break in. But was pleased to find it was just these 2 Magpies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Strange you should post this today, as a bloody crow woke me at around 7.30 this morning pecking on my bedroom window. I could have strangled the little fecker.

EDIT: I love the picture btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

There was a post in here about this kindof behaviour before. Someone said that the territorial instinct kicks in and they see their reflections in the windows.

Somone else suggested that the putty that surrounds the window is fodder for their nests.

Either way, its a bit of a pain in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Don't get me started again on bloody magpies... they are very cheeky birds to be sure - and by cheeky I mean cheeky in an irritating way not a funny or loveable way. I hate the magpie version of the dawn chorus - where a mob of them start their cacophony of clatterings at 6am or earlier.

I believe they are regarded as highly intelligent by bird standards.

Great picture though - even if it does make me feel like commiting magpie murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Google and print off a drawing of a bird of prey, cut out the outline and sellotape it to the inside of the window. Should put them right off attacking the window, and you'll enjoy your sleep :)

Advertisement