Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldish rig not starting anymore

Options
  • 22-07-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

My first and only build so far (need money) needs help.
    Well I removed a fan controller which I had no need for and ever since then I can’t seem to get it started. When I plug it all the fans and leds start up but the screen stays blank the power light stays unlighted and the power button doesn’t do squat.
    Mobo is a MSI K8n neo platinum with, amd 64 3000+ and a 9800pro.
    It doesn’t have a beeper so that can’t tell me anything.
    I've tried disconnecting one thing at a time but the same still happens.

Does anyone have any ideas as what i can do? I'm pretty broke so i'd rather hope I didn't break anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Take everything apart and put it back together!? Or maybe reformat it? If you can get that far?

Maybe power supply is broke? My friends PC leds on the mobo came on but it wouldnt turn on, new psu did the trick :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Hope not since its a very little used tagan 480w which is something i would like to put in my next rig if i can ever get enough cash together that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

what do you mean fan controller??? what happens if you reconnect the "fan controller"?

also recheck all your components are seated correctly and and try clearing the bios. I would doubt its the PSU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Fan controller for the CPU or fan controller for some cases fans ?

If the CPU are you sure you put the CPU fan connection on the right one to the motherboard as some mobos wont power on properly if they detect no fan plugged in.

Pull the graphics and RAM from the system then unplug the power and clear the CMOS after that plug the stuff back into the PC and try powering it on.

Cheers for your help

Tried a different psu, nothing changed

cpu fan is in the right one

Cleared the cmos and put the stuff back in

The fan controller is one of these aerocool ones that I had my case fans hooked up to; I didn't touch any of the other components

I hope it’s not the mobo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What PSU did you use?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

the one from the pc i'm writing this post from, it used to be in the broken before i upgraded to the quiter psu, the tagan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

Have you tried disconnecting/checking the board connection to the power button?

no that didn't work either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well it doesn't sound good from this point, the only suggestion I can make is that you remove everything from the PC and try powering the system on outside of the case and that includes removing the CPU from it's socket if you have another cooler you can use try that as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement