Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sims 2 suitable for children?

Options
  • 22-07-2007 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I've seen Sims 2 (the main game, not the expansion packs) listed as suitable for 7+ and 12+ here and 'T' for Teen in USA, so I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to figure out if it's suitable for a ten year old. I've read some reviews on the web and visited the EA web site. The game seems to have potential for a lot of adult themes. I've seen video clips of people 'making out', references to people being transexual, pregnancy and child birth.

What I'm mainly wondering is, is everything that happens in the game a direct result of the game player's actions, e.g. they need to know to choose for a character to be transexual, or can some of these aspects happen / develop in the game itself, without the player choosing them directly?

I'd also welcome any opinions on its suitablity for a ten year old.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You have almost full control over what your Sims do so their actions will depend on what the user can imagine.

I personally like to torture my Sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

My 11 year old plays it.
    As Rhyme says you have control over your sims.
    There is making out, pregnancy and all that but to be honest you don't see anything graphical (and of course thats if you choose for your sim to do it).
    Never had the transexual problem crop up although we did have a gay sim trying to hit on one of ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

My lil sister has been playin The Sims since she was about 6, and she's about 10 now. Its perfectly fine as you control everything, and if my sister is anything to go by, they just like to start a family, make a new house, use a cheat to get money, build the perfect house, and twenty minutes later start again as the family became unhappy lol.

And sure tbh, i knew all about transexuals, pregnancy and gays when i was ten!

Advertisement