Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT specific saddles.

Options
  • 22-07-2007 12:24am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did a club 25 during the week. No probs, did a handy time, according to my 10ml TT times etc.
    My arse fell apart! Did it on my road bike, tri bars, skinsuit etc but after about 10 / 15 miles I started to get a signal from the backside that all was not well. Was on a Specialized Toupe Gel, bit of a road race saddle. Did the Wickla 200 this year on it, not a prob., but to do a 25 is a different story! Still a bit tender below, no skin cut or abrasions but.............tender.
    I plan to build a specific TT bike over the next few months, Dolan Aria, and it appears that you should buy the, for eg Selle Italia SLR T1, ugly beast to have on a prospective, beautiful bike. Comfort as opposed to bling looks.
    The Spec. Toupe, whilst being comfortable on regular rides aint good for long distance TT's.
    Mate was riding a Cervelo TT bike and after the ride I had a look at his saddle, and he does Vets 50's aswell. His saddle was ugly looking but I wish I was riding on that saddle, it looked comfy.
    Yes, I had Assos Chamois cream applied but it's the geometry of the saddle that killed me.
    Another lesson learned.

Advertisement