Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great American Bash Predictions

• 22-07-2007 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Heres Mine:

Cruiserweight Open:
    Chavo (c) vs Jimmy Wang Yang vs Shannon Morre vs Funaki vs Jamie Noble
    Prediction:Rey Mysterio Returns as a suprise guest and wins the title thus starting a fued with Chavo (Again *yawn*) for the Belt

Womens Title Match
    Candice (c) vs Melina
    Prediction:Candice Retains by a roll up or some sort

United States Title Match
    Montel Vontavious Porter (c) vs Matt Hardy
    Prediction: Matt Hardy Wins, i think we could be seeing a Hardy Celebration at the GAB with both hardys with IC and US Titles

Intercontinatal Title Match
    Umaga (c) vs Jeff Hardy
    Prediction See Matt and MVP

Texas Bullrope Match
    Dusty Rhodes vs Randy Orton
    Prediction: Orton Wins, Cody Rhodes comes out and Helps Orton defeat his Father thus starting a tag team with Cody and Randy

Sigaphore Cane on a pole Match
    Carlito vs Sandman
    Prediction: Sandman wins due to the push Vince is giving him

ECW World Title Match
    John Morrison (c) vs CM Punk
    Prediction CM Punk Wins this one, then loses it a few weeks later to Elijah Burke or Cor Von

World Heavyweight Title Match
    Great Khali (c) vs Batista vs Kane
    Prediction: Kane wins, its kind of obvious that the only reason Khali has the belt is to lose it to either one of them.

WWE Title Match
    John Cena (c) vs Bobby Lashley
    Predicton: Cena wins by DQ due to Mr.Kennedy's Interfearance

Your Predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kentonbomb wrote:
    Your Predictions?

God awful PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cruiserweight Open:
    Prediction: Jimmy Wang Yang

Womens Title Match
    Candice (c) vs Melina
    Prediction: Candice

Prediction: Matt Hardy

Umaga (c) vs Jeff Hardy
    Prediction Jeff Hardy

Texas Bullrope Match
    Prediction: Randy Orton

Sigaphore Cane on a pole Match
    Carlito vs Sandman
    Prediction: Carlito

ECW World Title Match
    Prediction Johnny Nit..... John Morrison

Prediction: Batista

WWE Title Match
    Predicton: Superman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I predict it will suck... The only reason I want to see this show is to see Dusty Rhodes! In 2007, that says it all :eek:

woooo232 wrote:
    I predict it will suck... The only reason I want to see this show is to see Dusty Rhodes! In 2007, that says it all :eek:

HAHA i was going to say the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Cruiserweight Open:
    Prediction: I'm thinkin there'll be a new champ if Rey's going to be feuding with Chavo soon. I just can't see Rey going for the cruiserweight belt. So Jimmy Yang makes the most sense here. I really don't like these cruiserweight opens though, is the belt incapable of being defended one-on-one?

Womens Title Match
    Candice (c) vs Melina

Prediction: I think MVP will hold onto the title a while longer. Could be a very good match

Intercontinental Title Match
    Umaga (c) vs Jeff Hardy
    Prediction: I think both these guys are rumoured to be getting involved with the Jackass guys at Summerslam, so I don't know where the IC belt fits into it. Umaga to retain

Texas Bullrope Match
    Prediction: Should be Orton. This match has had the best buildup and could be great. Dusty should be congratulated for being able to retain the physique he had in his 20's

Singapore Cane on a pole Match
    Carlito vs Sandman
    Prediction: I'll go with Sandman, with a post match beatdown by Regal

ECW World Title Match
    Prediction: Morrison will retain in his debut. Should be a solid match

Prediction: Khali to retain. I'm surprised so many people are convinced that either Kane or Batista will be winning here. I think Khali retaining is much more likely

WWE Title Match
    Predicton: Cena to win, but not cleanly. Kennedy interfering might happen, I could see a triple threat with those three at Summerslam. This match will probably end up better than I'm expecting it to, I really don't like Lashley

I'd expect some sort of announcement about HHH and Mysterio coming back this week or something too

• Advertisement

WWE.com says that the rules of the bullrope match have been changed. Instead of touching all four turnbuckles, it can only end by pinfall or submission. There must be some reason for that, although I'm sure Orton will win anyway
    Lashley might be doing a heel turn. During the Raw house show on Friday he did a heel turn after his match with Cena, so it might have been something they were rehearsing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Cruiserweight Open:

Prediction: Jimmy Wang Yang

Womens Title Match
    Candice (c) vs Melina

Prediction: MVP

Umaga (c) vs Jeff Hardy

Prediction: Umaga

Texas Bullrope Match

Prediction: Orton. Cody to get involved somehow I think. Strange that they changed the rule.

Carlito vs Sandman

Prediction: Sandman

ECW World Title Match

Prediction: John Morrison

Prediction: Great Khali

WWE Title Match

Predicton: Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Cruiserweight Open:

Prediction: Chavo....then Rey Rey to have impromptu challenge and win the Cruiserweight strap.

Womens Title Match
    Candice (c) vs Melina

Prediction: Hardy

Umaga (c) vs Jeff Hardy

Prediction: Jeff. Surely both Hardys to leave as singles champs?

Texas Bullrope Match

Prediction: Orton. Heel turn by Cody.

Carlito vs Sandman

Prediction: Sandman

ECW World Title Match

Prediction: John Morrison. Didnt change his name changed for a reason :D

Prediction: Batista

WWE Title Match

Predicton: Superma.....sorry I mean John Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Haven't watched wrestling in a while but might give this a look. I reckon it will be decent.

Cruiserweight Open:
    Chavo (c) vs Jimmy Wang Yang vs Shannon Moore vs Funaki vs Jamie Noble

Maybe a new champion here not that I care either way. I'll say Yang.

Womens Title Match
    Candice (c) vs Melina

I'll go with Candice to retain.

Matt eliminated him on Friday which leads me to believe MVP gets the win.

Umaga (c) vs Jeff Hardy

Jeff to be given a decent chance but Umaga to retain.

Texas Bullrope Match

Orton to continue his push with another win.

Carlito vs Sandman

Sandman to win, probably with help from Jim Duggan. This match will be something else.

ECW World Title Match

Considering current circumstances it's amazing they refuse to put the belt on a guy whose gimmick is that he's drug-free. Morrison retains through cheating.

Too early for the giant donkey to lose it yet. Khali over Kane here to set up a Batista feud.

WWE Title Match

As much as I hate to say it I reckon Vince will stick his fingers up to the rest of the world by putting the title on the gassed up freak that is Bobby Lashley.

Then we will have Lashley, Khali and Nitro...er Morrison sorry, as three world champions. Yes folks wrestling is in the sh*tter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yang to win Cruiserweight Open/Latest PPV filler
    Candice over Melina
    MVP over Hardy
    Umaga over the 2nd best Hardy
    The Legend Killer over Rhodes
    Carlito over Sandman
    Johnny Nitro over Punk
    Lashley vs Cena to go to Summerslam after a DQ or something
    Kane to pin that talentless piece of crap (that may apply to both Khali and Roidtista!)

only looking forward to MVP vs Hardy and maybe Nitro and Punk to a lesser extent but the rest of the card is a complete suckfest. this has ''worst PPV of the year'' written all over it

• Advertisement

Pretty good ppv, I'd put it up there with WM and Backlash for one of the best WWE ppvs this year
    Matt and MVP had a very good match, ending seemed a bit off, I thought Matt had got knocked out for real or something

The cruiser match was a lot better than any other cruiserweight open I can remember. I think the ending was given away by the start. Noble was excellent, pity he was the one doing the job

Carlito and Sandman was short and sweet. Women's match wasn't too good, they messed up a few times. Melina couldn't see half of the time as her hair covered her face. The backstage segment after this was just weird, but it made me laugh

Jeff vs Umaga was a great match, Jeff was brilliant here, so much better than usual. I don't usually find his selling believable, he just looks lazy in the ring, but he had it right tonight. Umaga plays his role perfectly

Punk and Morrison had a decent match, strange ending though. Better than their last match

Dusty cut an awesome promo earlier in the show. His match was kinda short, it could have been something much more special if they had more time. Did its job though. I suppose the way to finish the match was changed so that Orton could just do the ending quickly instead of having to go through all four turnbuckles

I thought the triple threat was passable, at least when Khali wasn't doing anything. When he was involved it was terrible. He was selling the wrong parts of his body when he got hit, and practically setting himself up for moves that would be done on him, it was getting too obvious what would happen next. I'm glad Kane was in there. It really makes me wonder how Cena had alright matches with Khali

Main event was pretty damn good, mainly the second half of it. I really couldn't care less about Lashley, I've been given no reason at all why I should care about him, and I got very worried when he hit that spear on Cena. Lashley as champ would really put me off watching Raw again. Fair play to Cena though, he did very well with everything in this match apart from the facial expression during the STFU. What is he like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I reckon some of Creative mustve been watching
    The Open
    earlier in the day in regards to the Cruiserweight match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

kentonbomb wrote:
    WWE Title Match
    Predicton: Cena wins by DQ due to Mr.Kennedy's Interfearance

i would say lashley could win this, they a=seen to be giving him a pretty big push at the moment, which is a shame..... i hate him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Didn't enjoy it a whole lot apart from the IC match which stole the show. Granted I went to bed before the two main events, but I doubt they would have had any bearing on my overall opinions of it.

Matt landed akwardly when he countered the Regalplex from MVP, he was a bit groggy after that.

Punk vs Morrison was going well until the end. Nitro has his Val Kilmer impression down to a tee! Just read there that Morrison quoted Blake after the match, I love this gimmick.

Hornswaggle vs WeeMan at Summerslam.

The Hardys wear too much fake tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I thought it was one of the worst PPV's ever, Jeff Hardy did well and the Cena match was ok but it was very short. Other then that I thought it was s**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I thought it was one of the worst PPV's ever

I take it you never saw December to Dismember last year? Or even worse a legends of wrestling ppv?

This was not a bad ppv in my opinion and was a good effort particularly with arguably 5 of their best workers on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I take it you never saw December to Dismember last year? Or even worse a legends of wrestling ppv?

This was not a bad ppv in my opinion and was a good effort particularly with arguably 5 of their best workers on the shelf.

I bet he hasn't seen some of the GAB shows of recent years either which were just atrocious. This was one of the better ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

i don't know if anybody noticed when jeff hardy hit the Whisper in the Wind, JR was screaming "TWIST OF FATE!! TWIST OF FATE!! BAH GAWD TWIST OF FATE!!!!" and also as somebody else pointed out when cena had the ST-FU locked in his face was really stupid and i think lashley must have said something funny beacuase it looked to me as if he was trying (and failing) to hold back laughter. if you have a chance to see this again please check that out and see if you can tell

i don't know if anybody noticed when jeff hardy hit the Whisper in the Wind, JR was screaming "TWIST OF FATE!! TWIST OF FATE!! BAH GAWD TWIST OF FATE!!!!"

I noticed that alright, I looked up when I heard him say Twist of Fate and Jeff was flyin through the air. JR does that a lot with the Hardys though. Something else I found funny was when Cole said that the cruiserweight limit is 250lbs. That means that Cena passes for a cruiser, along with almost everyone else on the roster
    also as somebody else pointed out when cena had the ST-FU locked in his face was really stupid and i think lashley must have said something funny beacuase it looked to me as if he was trying (and failing) to hold back laughter.

Lashley saying something funny?! Nah, I seriously doubt it! I think Cena was really good with his facial expressions during that match, although part of me thinks that he was just showing off in front of Lashley

Not a major announcer faux-pas, but one that annoyed me was both Styles and Taz calling an inziguri a Shining Wizard. No one calls a Shining Wizard like Dave Prazak.

On a completely unrelated topic (but one that doesn't warrant a thread of it's own) Jamie Noble has been made a road agent. He's going to be in charge of setting up the Cruiserweight matches. Should be a nice easy job for him, about 4 minutes every week. Considering he is one of 3 capable cruisers on the roster, it's a good move. It's just a shame that he's probably got a job for life now, removing all hope of him one day returning to ROH.

• Advertisement

Double C wrote:
    On a completely unrelated topic (but one that doesn't warrant a thread of it's own) Jamie Noble has been made a road agent. He's going to be in charge of setting up the Cruiserweight matches. Should be a nice easy job for him, about 4 minutes every week. Considering he is one of 3 capable cruisers on the roster, it's a good move. It's just a shame that he's probably got a job for life now, removing all hope of him one day returning to ROH.

I'm about to watch the fourway match with him, Punk, Joe and Daniels, great stuff. I did think that the cruiserweight open was a lot better than previous ones, looks like a good job so far from him. I just wish he were on tv a bit more often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

the PPV did exactly what it said on the tin, overall not very good but wasn't the December to Dismember catastrophe it could easily have been

MVP and Hardy was great, Umaga and Jeff was ok, Cruiserweight ok (Hornswoggle winning worsens the divisions credibility) and I enjoyed the triple threat, Kane and Batista did well when it was just them, Khali is so horrifically bad it is actually comical, whenever he does a move I just laugh, too funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The ppv was the greatest but obviously wasn't the worst. The US title and IC title matches were standout matches. Honestly didn't think the women's match was too bad, great to see how much Candice has improved!!

Not sure about Hornswoggle winning the CW title, but I'm glad that they did explain how he qualified for the match by entering at the start.

It was great seeing Noble back wrestling though. Good choice as a road agent for the CW matches though, hopefully this will see some improvement in the division!

(Hornswoggle winning worsens the divisions credibility) and

What credibility? The WWE doesn't care so as a result nobody else does. The title has been filler tv for years.

Hornswaggle could be funny for a month but when you think of what they could do with the division, its pretty ridiculous.

To be honest, I'd prefer if they just got rid of the title. If they won't treat it seriously there's no point.

You'd think that with Smackdowns lack of.... everything thats half decent (Finlay, Flair, Hardy and MVP excluded), they would decide to spend around 20 minutes on the CW's. But noooo!

Just typing that has made me really want to see Finlay vs Flair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Just end this stupid brand split , get rid of half the talent , that way TNA can get som decent talent then we might see a bit of competition.

WWE right now is at a real low as far as interest goes , no one wants cena as champ anymore , no one certainly want khali as champ , let alone wrestling

Just end this stupid brand split , get rid of half the talent , that way TNA can get som decent talent then we might see a bit of competition.

TNA have more than enough talent. Its their biggest asset. The last thing they need is more WWE castoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

Personally I think Edge is that good as a heel, he could have pulled off being champ for a long time. After the PPV at the weekend, I felt kinda empty as almost nothing changed from before the event. I was hoping for at leat one of the hardy's to bring credability to a title ( most of the title holders would put you to sleep) but all we get is someone who cant move around a ring like Khali retaining and boring the hell out of us for weeks to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Fozzy wrote:
    I noticed that alright, I looked up when I heard him say Twist of Fate and Jeff was flyin through the air. JR does that a lot with the Hardys though. Something else I found funny was when Cole said that the cruiserweight limit is 250lbs. That means that Cena passes for a cruiser, along with almost everyone else on the roster

nah i'm almost sure he said 215lbs hehe, that reminds me of a couple of years ago when Matt Hardy wanted to be a cruiserweight but he was too heavy so he "went on a diet" i thought that was a pretty funny storyline

• Advertisement

nah i'm almost sure he said 215lbs

That would make a lot more sense. The limit was always 220 when they mentioned it in the past though

Advertisement