Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding for Bearded Dragons

Options
  • 22-07-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I have to head away on thye 17th August for 2 weeks, i anm wondering if anybody knows if there is anywhere who will take my two bearded dragons for boarding?

Is there anybody on here with reptiles willing to do it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

I keep beardies, where bouts are ya? Im in Dundalk. I think Barbra O'Malley who runs the vet clinic in Bray might board reptiles aswell, you could always ring there.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I normaly leave my beardies in the Pet shop when I go away, maybe you could ask in your local pet shop if they can look after yours.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ben in reptile haven boards reptiles aswell @ 15 euros per week.

But why board a beardie?
    Heres what I do.

Get a timer for your lights-8 hours on 16 hours off is enough if your going away.For the week before you go over feed like crazy--locusts will bulk them up a fair bit.Buy one of them "rock cricket feeders"--you know the one that only lets 2-3 crix out at a time?
    Fill it the day before you leave with a couple of tubs of crickets well dusted.Make up a huge mealworm salad and leave in the cage.
    Attach a rabbit dripper for water to the cage with a shallow bowl under neath it so they can drink when they need to.
    And your beardies will be fine for 2 weeks.
    I usually get someone to just check that the light are coming on and going off when scheduled.

Ive done this the last 2 years in a row and theyve been 100% when I got back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Hellrazer wrote:
    Ben in reptile haven boards reptiles aswell @ 15 euros per week.

But why board a beardie?
    Heres what I do.

Get a timer for your lights-8 hours on 16 hours off is enough if your going away.For the week before you go over feed like crazy--locusts will bulk them up a fair bit.Buy one of them "rock cricket feeders"--you know the one that only lets 2-3 crix out at a time?
    Fill it the day before you leave with a couple of tubs of crickets well dusted.Make up a huge mealworm salad and leave in the cage.
    Attach a rabbit dripper for water to the cage with a shallow bowl under neath it so they can drink when they need to.
    And your beardies will be fine for 2 weeks.
    I usually get someone to just check that the light are coming on and going off when scheduled.

Ive done this the last 2 years in a row and theyve been 100% when I got back.
    I dont doubt that they would be fine but I have taken good solid care of these beardies and I would rather if somebody was there to take a good look at them every few days at least.

Does anybody know any pet shops that would be willing to take them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Reptile Haven, as stated above, it's on Fishamble St. I'd call and bok as early as you can, Ben tends to get booked up quickly because of his excellent reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Shelli wrote:
    Reptile Haven, as stated above, it's on Fishamble St. I'd call and bok as early as you can, Ben tends to get booked up quickly because of his excellent reputation.

If Ben is booked out (he doesn't have a lot of space for boarding animals, my female cornsnake was only taken on because she went to Reptile Haven for 'servicing' (so to speak) by one of Ben's male corns and was sharing the enclosure with the male. The price for servicing is half of any babies that hatch from the mating) he'll direct you to the Reptile Inn which is run by another Reptile Haven customer. I left my female corn in with Peter because she was due to lay her eggs when I was on holiday. She laid two days into her stay, I took her back when I came back from Italy, Peter kept the eggs in his incubator and six pretty little babies were the result

Advertisement