Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Impreza sti

Options
  • 22-07-2007 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I'm not really into the stereotypical image these cars have and I've been looking down my nose at boyracers for years now, but I can't help wanting one :)

I've seen one on carzone and I'm wondering really what the catch is, as it does seem a bit too good to be true. 60k miles on a 14yr old car? yeah right!!

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=557243

Has anyone owned one of the older models? Are they good fun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Meh, its as ya said 14 years old, been repainted blue (look at the pic under the bonnet) and that interior isnt standard, done up and possibly with the stones driven out of it, And manky JDM amber lenzes:p, they are a nice car but if i was going for one i'd try and get one thats original.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

They even sprayed the mudflaps blue.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

STI's only impress a certain type of girl.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fine cars, very quick. Expensive to run though. A good clean unabused and unmolested one is a rarity though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

colm_mcm wrote:
    STI's only impress a certain type of girl.

If they have big baps, a filthy mouth and easy virtues ... I definitely want one now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I have a 93 wrx, 87k kms on it though i would assume its been clocked. I have had no problems with it though, I got it from the guy who imported it, needed a service but seems to be in good condition. It just failed the nct but only on side light bulbs needing to be replaced, which was three euro. Its a lot of fun to drive and an STI if anything would be more fun. I wouldnt worry about the image but then its not something i have ever really looked for in a car. There are some things though i get about 15 mpg though others seem to get better mpg. The suspension is really hard and the clutch and steering are quite heavy. Driving around in slow moving traffic can be a bit annoying and potholes make the cd skip.

this one looks nice

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=749927

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I've just acquired a '01 WRX (newer shape) with the Prodrive Pack and some STI bits. Full Subaru history, pretty much mint...no idea about fuel consumption yet, but it's surprisingly comfy, and it's f@cking quick...:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

isdc.ie is the subaru owners club, good site.

Advertisement