Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acetone damaged leather sofa

Options
  • 22-07-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I had some acetone spilled on my on my leather sofa. The Acetone seems to have removed a coating on the leather leaving a lighter, discolored patch of about 2 inch by 1 inch in size. The sofa is a light beige colour and the damaged part is now lighter. Is there anything that can be done to restore the leather? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

In the absence of any more professional advice, I'd say, if you can get coloured shoe polish the colour you want and put a little on it, then use clear leather polish and just keep at it till it smoothes over. My instinct would be not to use silicone polish, get some proper leather polish, shoe polish is probably the way to go.

Would the manufacturers have a website with maintenance tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ali07

Thanks,

I'll send an email to the manufacturers and see what they say.

Advertisement