Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three: data bundles, pcmcia, usb modem

• 22-07-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is there data roaming without additional charges on all of these alternatives, ie the mobile broadband bundles, the pcmcia card and the usb modem? Can they all be used under the 3 Like Home plan when using the turbo-3g and 3g data connections?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

flodis79 wrote:
    Is there data roaming without additional charges on all of these alternatives, ie the mobile broadband bundles, the pcmcia card and the usb modem? Can they all be used under the 3 Like Home plan when using the turbo-3g and 3g data connections?

This has been answered many times before here, but YES. 3 Like Home is across the board and applies in all countries where there is a 3 presence (including Indonesia which 3 Ireland appear unaware of or else frequently mistake for Israel; better not put them in charge of Bush's air force).

There is now a 'mobile broadband' area and FAQ on the 3 Ireland website which addresses all of this.

Nota bene: for those in Windowsland, 3 is now offering a 'web accelerator' in the mobile broadband section of their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

culabula wrote:
    This has been answered many times before here, but YES. 3 Like Home is across the board and applies in all countries where there is a 3 presence (including Indonesia which 3 Ireland appear unaware of or else frequently mistake for Israel; better not put them in charge of Bush's air force).

There is now a 'mobile broadband' area and FAQ on the 3 Ireland website which addresses all of this.

With the exception of bundles on 3pay where bundle allowance can only be used in Italy, Austria and UK?

flodis79 wrote:
    With the exception of bundles on 3pay where bundle allowance can only be used in Italy, Austria and UK?

Well, correct, but I thought when you mentioned bundles etc., at the same time as datacard/datamodem that you were only referring to bill pay. 3Pay for the time being remains restricted to only three other 3 territories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

culabula wrote:
    Well, correct, but I thought when you mentioned bundles etc., at the same time as datacard/datamodem that you were only referring to bill pay. 3Pay for the time being remains restricted to only three other 3 territories.

Sorry, my bad :)

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote:
    Sorry, my bad :)

In my case the 3 datamodem was supplied unlocked and I was able to use local SIMs where 3 was unavailable abroad. Owners of high-speed unlocked phones would not even need to do this.

Advertisement