Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy apparel in Dublin

Options
  • 22-07-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I was wearing a sleeveless North Face fleece over the weekend and it was really comfy. Where is the best place in Dublin to buy that sort of stuff?

I'm also interested in buying an 80 litre rucksack.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

If you want TNF, try the Great Outdoors (or the North Face shop which they own!) & 53 degrees North in Carrickmines retail park. Don't know any of the other stockists, but I'm sure someone will oblige.

If you're looking for a nice Gilet, check out the Columbia XCO - Really lightweight @ €45. Also, have a look at the Lowe Alpine vests too - Nice stuff and very warm in the heavier weights.

Cheers,

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

There is a 53 degrees north opening in Blanchardstown at some stage soon which should be good. While i am on the subject there is a TK max beside it. It can be worth a quick look in there as you can get some really good stuff in there cheap occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Try the Patagonia Outlet Store also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Does anyone know if the Lowe Alpine Outlet store in Tullamore is still open? Would be worth the trip if it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I knew there was a lowe alpine outlet in the country somewhere! I don't think its still open though :(

• Advertisement

http://subaqua.csn.ul.ie/Lowe%20Alpine%20website/lowealpine.htm
    Thats the link to the Tullamore Lowe Alpine shop with directions and all but could be out of date at this stage, I just dont have time to contact them...(but I have time to post about it on boards??!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

yes its still open. I got a jacket for 1/2 marked price a couple of weeks ago

Cool. I'll get mahself down there soon.

I'm heading down this Saturday morning :D

Whooopeeee - Lowe kit is the business. Even better when it's with a discount!

Defo my prefered outfitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Used to be a Lowe Alpine in the temple bar / dublin but they are north face now i think. Other wise it has to the great outdoors. There is a good place bwteen the luas track and marks and sparks at jervis centre also. And for the cheaper option - millets at mary street and tallaght sq centre. And 55 degrees north. Lots of options really - if you are a dub.

Well went to Lowe Alpine outlet in Tullamore an spent near €200 on a few things,good little store with a fair selection and indeed worth the trip.Have most of Lowe Alpines collection there in a pretty diverse size range too. Clothes might be "outlet" quality but I saw nothing wrong with what I bought an I gave them a fair inspection beforehand.

Yep, I agree with Majiktripp on the above - Good deals, especially if you are one of the following:

Looking for waterproofs - Top quality ranging from absolute bargain to very reasonable prices. Great selection....Check it out now, even if you don't *really* need it - I saw some discounts of almost €200 yesterday on a single garment.

A woman. Size small/petite through to a 14. Huge selection of stuff, casual and technical. I was flabbergasted at the quantity of womens feckin' shirts and dry-flo base layers etc....

A man, size small or XXL, looking for fleeces, soft-shell and other 'technical' clothing Other sizes are limited in selection of garments, but there are still deals to be had.

Looking for a mid sized bag. Or boots, any gender, most sizes. A couple of cracking deals to be had, particularly on out of season full blown mountain boots. There's a pair of awesome value plastic Lowa boots but they're only in a size 8. If you know anyone who'd use them and take that size, send them down with €169 for a great deal.

Anyway, I'm knackered after the weekend..... Any of you lot head up the Reek today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nelson087

I have just been to the Lowe Alpine shop and found it very good and great value. This is the address - as I found it very hard to find an address on the web!! 18 Northman Court, cloncollig Ind Est. Its on the Portarlington Road and is signposted!!

Been there, didn't wear the t-shirt. The problem with the Lowe outlet is the poor selection of clothing in your average Irish blokes sizes. Great if you're a size 8 - 12 woman, useless if you're a size M or L man....

You can be lucky, but I wouldn't ever again waste the time it takes to drive down specifically looking for a deal.... Worth stopping in just in case you're lucky when passing nearby though, and the staff are all bang on.

Gil

Advertisement