Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returnee--can I afford it?

Options
  • 22-07-2007 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was 5 years old when we moved to South Africa and am now 51 and semi retired and now want to return and settle in Galway City.
    I get a very good passive income in South African terms of E3K pm., but can one make a living in Galway with this? We go to pubs once a week and otherwise do sightseeing and don't live extravigantly.
    I have tried the Dublin forum and it seems to be too expensive there.
    By the way I have a wife and child of 16.
    Any input out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I can't but recommend Galway but wonder is it Galway city or outside where you want to settle. Prices of houses coming down here, they were crazy! But if you are prepared to settle a few miles out you can get a really beautiful place. Get your daughter booked into a school though...I know people who came back & begged me to get her in but if a school is full it's full. I think ye would do fine here. Would your wife be working? Lots of opportunities here for people with life-experience and ye definitely sound like ye've got that. Any questions, just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

3000 euro per month?
    Yes, you can make a living from that.

Advertisement