Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All that bull**** about being alone has just happened

• 22-07-2007 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

horrible sleepless night. he called it a day.... and here i am wallowing in my own slef hatred and pity.... gah come on monday and work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

Poor you!

Not sure how much it will help right now, but pamper yourself - recommend chocolate, wine and a movie curled up on the couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

tritium wrote:
    Poor you!

Not sure how much it will help right now, but pamper yourself - recommend chocolate, wine and a movie curled up on the couch

I disagree, get active and get moving. Go for a walk, run, cycle (weather permitting) and it'll take your mind off things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

There you go!!

Two options to take your mind off things

Your choice, whichever you go for, hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

gahh men are jus frustrating. now its i need space.
    and i said dont break up with me coz its hard, break up with me coz ya dont wanna be with me. with a response of hmmmmmm i need my space.
    silly weather.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

well dont stay on the couch eating chocolate, you mightnever bag a man that way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

awww.thats so crap, i'm sorry to hear it. hope you are doing ok. you need to cal some of your female friends, get them around and bitch and moan...then go out..

gettin drunk 2night.... work at 8 am o this will be fun...
    i have resisted the urge to call or text him allllllllllll day tho.... largely to the fact i made my bro take my phone ha ha

a know i'll be fine.....
    kate nash comes to mind tho ' i wish that without me, your heart would break'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

*Hugs*

Try and not let it get to you - it is his loss anyway! Is there anything nice you can do for yourself - bubble bath perhaps?

theres alot i could do for myslef.... but im jus too lazy/annoyed/upset to do it....... i'll be ok.......... BREATH!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Sorry to hear that, break ups suck. So he needs space. Idiot. Continue to ignore him, and just focus on you for a little while. I agree with the pampering idea. And getting female friends round. Bitching sessions are great. A dartboard with a picture of him on it could work too! Good luck xxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

shít happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

That happened to me recently also. She just didn't want a boy firend, and this is after a few months togther.

Never easy, try keep yourself busy. I decided not to drink in the few days after. Will only make you upset when/if you get drunk.

Take care of yourself....remember time heals all wounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

She wouldn't tell Brad Pitt she doesn't want a boyfriend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

OP so sorry to hear about your break up.
    I was there so i know it feels like no one has ever hurt like you're hurting now.
    It's like there's no point in getting out of bed anymore.
    There is no quick fix and it's going to take time to heal.

I have a few suggestions that helped me
    1. Feel upset, cry and don't bottle things up
    2. Your friends and family will be there for you so don't cut them off
    3. Lounge about for a little while but getting active is a great idea. Start a new sport, join a theatre club etc. Sitting around getting fat eating chocolates every evening will make you even more miserable.
    4. Cut off ALL communication with your ex, nothing to be gained from it.
    5. Don't diss your ex to other people, he;s done what he feels is right (maybe or maybe not). Dissing him just fills you with hate and you're letting yourself down.
    6. Don't get into another relationship too quickly it doesn't work (i did it!)
    7. Throw yourself into your work or do a night course, promotion could be just around the corner.

I promise you things will get better they are really sh1t now and will be for a few weeks but in time you will look back at this and realise it could have been for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

This should be a motivation you need to try harder in your next relationship.

Remember ladies, know your limits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

[QUOTE=paulie.walnuts
    4. Cut off ALL communication with your ex, nothing to be gained from it.
    [/QUOTE]

second that, only way to sort it. no contact, no bebo, not email nothing.

its his loss to be honest.

try organise a holiday with your mates, somewhere sunny.
    getting away will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

angelicsaz wrote:
    gahh men are jus frustrating. now its i need space.
    and i said dont break up with me coz its hard, break up with me coz ya dont wanna be with me. with a response of hmmmmmm i need my space.
    silly weather.......
    The fact is, no matter what excuse he gave you to let you down gently, he broke up with you. That means he doesn't want to be with you anymore. It's hard to take but don't let it harm your self-image. I'm sure you're a wonderful person that doesn't need a man to define you.

Get out there and live your own life. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

:eek:

think you meant this :p

Smile

Advertisement