Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exceeding download cap

Options
  • 22-07-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what peoples experience is with exceeding the download cap?

I'm with bt 1mb package

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

never heard of any penalties happening to anyone that exceeds the cap

although they do have the right to charge you ive yet to see this ever happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

I exceeded the 20gb cap on my 2mb connection 1 month & after 10gb the cut off my service for the remaining 5 days of the month. Pretty inconvenient but the didn't charge me the €100+ they had the right 2 charge me for. I had been exceeding the cap successfully for several months previous to that, but that damn usage monitor decided to start working again after showing 0.00gb for several months :D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok, so i shouldnt worry to much then :D 10gig is so little :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mentioned this myself last week actually. I exceeded my 20gb cap by 7.5gb and have had my connection restricted. It's like I'm back on dial up again. Going to be like this for another half a month.

Going to change my isp sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Simi wrote:
    ... after 10gb the cut off my service for the remaining 5 days of the month.

who are you with that did that?

If your allowed to name them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

last month i exceeded my limit (20gb) by 20 gb :o bt cut off my service for the last 2 days of the month:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

branners69 wrote:
    who are you with that did that?

If your allowed to name them!!!

Oh sorry BT thought I mentioned that. Other than the cap can't complain about their service.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom are enforcing their cap, while I#'ve not heard of any charges yet they do notify customers and recommend they move to a higher priced/bigger capped product or they may be charged/terminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Cabaal wrote:
    Eircom are enforcing their cap, while I#'ve not heard of any charges yet they do notify customers and recommend they move to a higher priced/bigger capped product or they may be charged/terminated.

Whre did you hear this Cabaal?

Advertisement