Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Debs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

cson wrote:
    And other stuff.

Like making sure that you don't leave without your jacket?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well mines exactly 2 weeks from today, and in fairness the tickets were a quite reasonable (especially compared to some of the prices mentioned in this topic!!) €25.But its the limo that ****ing gets ya.Jesus that is a ****ing ripoff.I don't even see what the big deal is, I mean i've been in a limo once before....and its just a long ****ing car!!Whats so great bout that?!??!Ah well.The date wants it......so I was basically forced to get it.But shes paying €40 for it, cause theres no way i'm paying the full €100 for both of us!I need to save money dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Rozabeez wrote:
    But I want to be his friend :(

Hey Rosary Beads, stfu harassing the new peeps. k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

So, like, how much did ye all have to pay in total? Did you only have to pay for tickets? We had to pay 150 in total each, that includes the room, music, tickets and dinner and stuff...
    Now to get a dress......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

JC2K3 wrote:
    Problem I have there is that most of my friends who are girls are in the same school as me
    Surely they have friends though that they could set you up with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Or ask someone from the class below you. Theyd probably be desperate to go and thus would be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

OR male friends who have friends-that-are-girls outside the school.

Our tickets are €60 each. Dress was €171..so that's €131 so far, not bad! Nothing else to buy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

mmm...

I'll figure something out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Yarr-Harr

Here in cork the head guy who was supposed to had over the money to silversprings (place were the our grads are takin place) ran off with all the money leaving 19 schools F****d. mine included. Now after everyones paid 160 for a ticket (1 ticket admits 2) were gonna have to pay more. No exact figure yet but roughly expected to be around 80e more. Ill find out monday...:(. Ah well s**t happens as they say.

Other than that alls good. Got tux, girl, not doing the whole limo thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Yarr-Harr wrote:
    Here in cork the head guy who was supposed to had over the money to silversprings (place were the our grads are takin place) ran off with all the money leaving 19 schools F****d. mine included. Now after everyones paid 160 for a ticket (1 ticket admits 2) were gonna have to pay more. No exact figure yet but roughly expected to be around 80e more. Ill find out monday...:(. Ah well s**t happens as they say.

Apparently the same is true for the Rochestown Park Hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

That sucks .

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Wow ur debbs seem so cheap compared to mine!! Its in the pavillion in leopardstown and costing €110 per person!! Rip-off if u ask me

Well obviously- Pavillion! Ours is in the Ardenode Hotel in BallymoreEustace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Yeah, that f***er. Mine's in Rochestown Park hotel :mad: :mad: Already paid €150, I'll be damned if I'm paying anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Is the pavillion a gud place 2 have it u think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ponderer

If any of you girls need a nice guy to go to your debs with then let me know and I'll be happy to accompany you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Less than 3 weeks to go till my debs, Cant wait! Hummer hired and everything in order:D SpringHill Court hotel is the venue, 230 of us goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Yarr-Harr wrote:

Pat Brown is the name of the guy isnt it?

If thats the guy, then he is a debter and owes piles of money to hotels for events he organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

mines in rochestown park too!!!!!
    but i heard nothing bout having to pay more. hopefully wont have too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ah the debs, much like the Irish mans favourite day of the year, Patricks day. Over-hyped and just plain crap. I refuse to go to mine, way too expensive and too much hassle. Lol at me asking someone to go to the debs, it's just not going to happen.
    Well...*awkward silence* everybody enjoy your night out.

• Advertisement

How do you know it'd be crap? Ever been to one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

How do you know it'd be crap? Ever been to one?

It'll be crap. They always are.
    It's basically about sitting around watching people get steadily drunker while you try to induce a nice coma but avoid alcohol poisoning in the process.
    As far the whole "last night together" arguement, it's actually about the last night with people that you don't like because if you actually do like someone you'll keep in contact.
    In short, it'll be bad so get drunk as fast as you can to avoid any unpleasantness...

Well mine was great last year, and this year's will be better I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The appeal of the debs to me, is one last night with my gang of friends before we go to seperate colleges. Of course, we'll still keep in touch....but it's still going to be the end of an era.

Also, pretty dresses and shoes make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Rozabeez wrote:
    But I want to be his friend :(

im a friggen girl!!!!!!!

Kris by the by!!!

AAGGHH my debs is TONIGHT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Tickets were €60 at mine, had it last Thursday.. its such a waste of money for one night that turns out not to be so brilliant after all. I didn't waste €200-€300 on a tacky dress either. €70 from Monsoon and it got all ripped anyway.
    I didn't bring a date so I saved another €60 and didn't have to waste money on a tie and a present. Loads of people brought guys they didn't know for the sake of having a date.. they went their seperate ways as soon as the meal was over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

It'll be crap. They always are.
    As far the whole "last night together" arguement, it's actually about the last night with people that you don't like because if you actually do like someone you'll keep in contact.
    In short, it'll be bad so get drunk as fast as you can to avoid any unpleasantness...

I totally agree with your point of view. It was the way at mine anyway!

I didn't bring a date so I saved another €60 and didn't have to waste money on a tie and a present.
    Tie? Present?

Can someone please outline to me exactly what's expected of debs goers(of both sexes) in terms of presents/etiquette/tradition/whatever, because honestly I haven't a clue....

90% sure I have a date/new gf at this stage though, that's one thing off my mind anyway.

Boy brings corsage and box of chocolates/flowers to girl's house. His tie/bow tie/cravat should match her dress. They go off in the limo/bus or whatever after lots of photos.

• Advertisement

I had to google corsage....

Didn't know about the tie matching the dress thing....

Stupid debs.

Advertisement